Freckles

Kei couldn't believe what he was seeing in the mirror. Even though he wasn't wearing his glasses yet, he was pretty sure his eyes weren't lying. There were freckles on his cheeks. They probably had appeared during night, his 17th birthday had been a couple days ago, and even if a part of him wanted to have no mark on him so he couldn't be questioned about the 'soulmate' stuff, a part of him just wanted to know already and end with the waiting.

But freckles? Not that he hadn't ever thought about it, but it was so obvious that it was funny. Of all people. Yamaguchi. Or so he thought, his friends was the only person Kei knew that had freckles. But still, he wanted to be sure, and since he didn't had any picture of Yamaguchi, he had to wait until seeing him at school and check. If Yamaguchi was indeed his soulmate the freckles had to be exactly the same.

Kei took a deep breath and rested his hands on both sides of the sink, after a few seconds he splashed his face with cold water and looked himself in the mirror again. Of course the freckles hadn't just magically vanished.

"Idiot" he thought to himself, why had he thought this was a bad joke from his mother of something. He felt a bit strange to think on the possibility that Yamaguchi was his soulmate, sometimes soulmates didn't meant to be lovers, sometimes... In very rare occasions they were just friends. But again, it's not like Kei could imagine himself being with someone else, not only he wasn't interested in... Girls, and he wasn't also imagining himself getting to know a guy to specifically date, with those two scenarios dating Yamaguchi didn't souned so awful.

"Now hold on a second" he said out loud while grabbing his glasses, "I have to first know if it's Yamaguchi, instead of just imagine weird stuff".

He got out of the bathroom, he knew that if he took too long he was gonna be late for practice. After eating something for breakfast he said goodbye to his mother and walked out of the house with his headphones around his neck. The blonde adolescent was about to put them on when he heard a familiar voice scream his voice.

"Great, now it's just the perfect time for you to see me" Kei was being self conscious, for maybe the first time in a long time, his mother had barely seen his face, but hadn't say anything to him, and he glad for it, all the soulmate stuff wasn't something he wanted to talk about before school or practice.

"Tsukki! Hi" Yamaguchi said once he was at Kei's side, as usual he didn't respond, mostly because he never knew if he was meant to answer of no.

The walked in silence, Kei regret not taking his gloves since the air was already getting cold and it wasn't even October yet.
Yamaguchi was still eating something, but Kei didn't know what was it, since he hadn't even turn see him, if Yamaguchi wasn't so oblivious as Kei thought he maybe had already noticed his freckles on his face, unless...

"I won!" Hinata screamed as he pointed to Kageyama
"You're a dumbass I won" Kageyama seemed like he was about to grab Hinata's head and squish it, those idiots

"Why me?" Kei thought as they walked closer to both Hinata and Kageyama, even if Yamaguchi hadn't noticed the freckles yet, those two would totally. He wanted to bury himself or hide, having such an obvious mark was a problem, if only it had appeared on any other place he wouldn't be feeling so uncomfortable. As if everyone could just know who his soulmate was by just looking at him.

Of course they didn't.

Hinata and Kageyama stopped fighting when they saw Yamaguchi getting close to them. The four of them entered the changing room and got changed.

Hinata was the first to comment something on the freckles.

“Oh! Tsukishima-kun, is that your soulmate mark?” at the question Kei frowned and just 'tsk' at Hinata