[COLE DRABBLE]

Prompt: "Be quiet, they'll hear us!"

Word count: 531

Listening in to your sister and Cullen flirting to each other was a great joy for your boring days. Being the Inquisitor's sibling could have been great - if Hana hadn't been so overprotective and actually let you do something. So you had to make up something to do - and spying your big sister being in love with Cullen was just what you needed for your boring days.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" you heard a voice from behind you, and you turned to meet Cole staring at you. You had gotten used to his sudden materialization a long time ago so it didn't even spook you anymore.

You hushed your spirit friend. "Hey, be quiet, they'll hear us!"

"Who hears us?"

"Hush!"

"Y/N, I know you're in there." Hana groaned and you closed your eyes - yet another attempt to spy your big sister had failed. You slowly stood up and walked to Hana.

"I'm sorry." you muttered and Hana sighed.

"I'm sorry too. I know you don't have much to do so you'll um..." she beckoned towards Cullen who clearly had some difficulty to hide his grin. "But you can't spy me, we could have some sensitive information to discuss. And Cole..." she laid a glance on him too. "You can't be part of it."

Both of you just stood in silence before your sister, before she ruffled your hair and wordlessly gave you permission to leave. So you quickly walked out, Cole in tow.

"Why won't she let me do anything? Laughing, watching that knight boy with such a big love, expects me to just sit and watch the wall... I'm sorry if I ruined that." Cole muttered and you turned to look at him and let a gentle smile to your face.

"It wasn't your fault. You couldn't have known I'm trying to spy her... I'm just so bored." you threw your head back and stared at the sky for a moment.

"We could go watch the clouds..." Cole breathed, as his brows furrowed in thought, and you turned to your best friend, laying a hand on his shoulder.

"Thanks, Cole. For being there. I would have died from boredom if you weren't here with me..."

Cole's eyebrows furrowed even more and his head dipped down for a second, before his blue eyes peered behind his hat again.

"Can you die from boredom? I didn't know that, that's... horrible."

You let out a chuckle. "No Cole, I wouldn't really die. It's just a saying."

And so you, two unlikely friends, descended the stairs to the courtyard and laid down, on a journey to seek peculiar clouds and something to do. And you were happy. Happy to have Cole - someone who could keep you company when you were bored at its worst. And all you had to do was think about him, and he'd come for you. Sometimes you maybe didn't appreciate his company so much, but you had a bond with him which you didn't have with anyone else in the Inquisition. He was innocent and kind, trying to make the world a better place.

And you found comfort from his will to do good.