Chapter 20.

"It has been placed with the throne of Agasha under the crystal dome of her palace." The boys were in their tent dining when Maasil entered and announced that the sleeper had finally spoken of the Tetrahedron.

"Hey, Maaz!" Terrey called out to the little white-haired boy. "What's with the pearls?"

For all to see, around Maasil's neck, were dozens of long pearl necklaces falling down to the boy's waist.

"Never mind that," he replied curtly before walking to the table where he unrolled some linen covered in dense ManWord script, "It took longer than what I thought because the guy you awoke went to sleep just after the Mother, Agasha, went to sleep herself in the valley below our feet."

"How long ago is that?" Oneg asked.

"Tough question really. The Rebuntes don't feel the need to measure time. Not like we do, not at all in fact." Maasil sighed as if that fact added an other stone to the mountain of things he was exasperated by with the Rebuntes. "When asked, they come up with stuff like 'it was long ago', or 'That is quite old' and my favorite is the 'only sleepers can tell'.

"Good thing we woke one up then?" Farenn said cautiously optimistic. 

"Not really, the guy was raving at first like he was really pissed off to be awakened and then he was pissed off that we could not understand him, well they could not. I stood by and waited since he totally ignored me and T'tebera until they all turned to us and asked."

"I supposed you could understand well enough?" Oneg asked again.

"I have to admit his first words were confusing but I think it has more to do with his vocal cords, if they have any, not being used for so long. The blindness confused him a lot but once he calmed down I ended understanding him very clearly. The Starwanderer was speaking an unaltered version of the GodWord and I supposed they both practiced speaking it with the gods themselves. He began by asking many questions and would only speak once answered. He seems to be really annoyed by the fact that the others had forgotten how to speak what he called the language."

"What could he tell of the Tetrahedron?" Terrey asked impatiently.

"I was getting to that. Once he understood I was working on behalf of the Three, he called you the 'incubi' by the way, he became much more forthcoming. He recalls the Daughters coming back from building the first world, that's our world. The one we now call Rabatea. They took some of them Rebuntes back to Agasha's palace and built some repository there, that's where the Tetrahedron is."

"But he doesn't know where it is, does he?" Farenn said crestfallen.

"He was going to but we were interrupted by a... What was it? They refer to it as 'the Call' but none of them explained they just said that someone was here and  using something not meant for him."

"The Veviensis." Oneg explained. "She sent scouts through the Talvar Gate so everybody rushed there. The whole camp, soldiers and cavaliers even the Gatlins and their hounds. The little Fenelon guy was here too instead of the other guy, the scary one."

"Agardi, is name is." Farenn volunteered.

"Yeah it was him instead of Agardi and he did some powerful stuff to transport the massive troops that were appearing somewhere else so that we would have time."

"Where did he send them to?"

"I don't know they call it 'The Faraway Lands' but most seem to believe they only are legendary. Anyway, Gerrek said that she used the Call you spoke of to call to her side the servants of the gods."

"That would be the Rebuntes indeed." 

"Do you know what they have decided? Are they going to join side with her?"