Chapter One: The Country of Diamond

Welcome to the sequel of Heart no Kuni no Rika! She finds herself in the Country of Diamonds and some faces are new and familiar. I present chapter one of this story. Please read and review. I'd really like to hear your thoughts on this story. The other story is still a work in progress as I still have to get the other chapters up yet. However, I was excited by this idea, that I had to write it. I apologize for it being kind of short. Please enjoy. That's all I have to say.

╔═══*.·:·. ✧ ✦ ✧ .·:·.*═══╗

Chapter One

The Country of Diamond

~Bernkastel~

╚═══*.·:·. ✧ ✦ ✧ .·:·.*═══╝

A couple of time changes have passed since I have been in the Country of Diamonds. I currently am staying in the Castle of Diamond at Sydney's insistence. I was sitting at the window seat of the massive window that occupied my golden tinted room. It was almost bare of décor except for the lavish golden colored canopy that adorned the massive four poster bed in the middle of the room. Off to the side was a simple couch and coffee table along with a fancy arm chair. I preferred the window seat as it was often a good spot to read my books. I was currently reading a new novel about the next installment of Umineko called Umineko Chiru which was also authored by Ryukishi 07. I was just starting the book and instantly got absorbed within its story until...

I heard a knock on the door. With a sigh, I closed my book and set it down, then got up and walked over to the door to open it. The door opened to reveal Sidney Black, wearing his monocle over his right red eye, and he looked at me with a quirked eyebrow.

"Yes Sydney? What can I help you with?" I asked him. His black ears still down on either side of his head but twitched slightly.

"Crysta wants to see you," he replied simply. I sighed; rolling my eyes...Crysta annoyed the shit out of me.

"What does that bitch want now?" I grumbled, crossing my arms. Sidney gave me a hard look, his eyebrows furrowed.

"While the queen may be...odd at times...please don't talk ill of her majesty," he countered, motioning for me to follow him. I didn't say anything further nor did I take back my comment. I stood by what I said. However, I followed him down the massive corridor as my bare feet travel over the cold tile floor. Sidney gave me another odd look, as he noticed I did not wear shoes. "Why don't you wear shoes unlike everybody else? It is most peculiar," he commented. I looked up at him and shrugged. He was considerably taller than I was. Upon closer inspection, I noticed his multicolored layers of clothing with a sun or flower shaped tie with red ribbons and a similar flower shape on his hat. His ears weren't upright like Peter's ears or Uncle Elliot's...a pang of sadness hit my heart at the thought of Uncle Elliot. I wondered if they noticed I was missing...I hoped Dee was ok...

"I...guess I just felt it was most comfortable. I kind of like being connected with the areas I travel across and it keeps me grounded and allows me to channel my magic easier I suppose," I replied to the Black rabbit man. He hummed in slight interest. Sidney and I weren't...exactly friends but we seemed to kind of get along at least. We were civil with each other; let's just say that for now. We finally arrived at Crysta's room, he knocked on the door, and she told us to come in.

There she sat in her child form. Like most roleholders (if they wanted to), they make themselves adults or children. Crysta mostly preferred being a child despite actually being an adult. She also liked to shirk her responsibilities as a queen and was often scolded by Sidney. She smiled brightly when she saw us, her olive green eyes lighting up as she motioned for us to join her. I rolled my eyes but said nothing as I entered the room. It was starkly white with odd decorations of stuffed animals, small figurines, and other miscellaneous shit. The room looked as though it belonged to a little girl instead of a grown ass queen. It made me inwardly cringe...however I bit my tongue to keep from saying anything.