hair

3 Days ago (9/15/2021) I was at recess love talking with my friends sitting in the shade of tree when all the sudden I hear that one of my braids fell out.

I panic so fast I ran into the biggest tree that I saw and started crying one of my black friends who is Muslim came talk to me and ask me what was wrong why did I run, and I told her I told her that a group of boys were saying that one of my braids fell out she has if she could see and I told her yes. I turn around she says I don't say anything a couple of my white friends went over to see the braid it wasn't anything close to a braid, it was a twist.

I'm home and I've never felt so embarrassed it hasn't remembering the first time having box braids in the first grade in one of my prayers fell out and I'm the white boy behind me telling me "pull more". When the white girls around that area ask me if my hair was dreads that's what I realized that people (white people exactly) in Iowa are so uneducated on black hair black hairstyles. I started to rethink what was happening that moment I try to Trace My steps and I realized I only walked home with across the field the how what a braid fallout, I never touched my hair I never did anything to make a brave fall out.

The same as some black girl I went up to me and told me it was all right and that the boys over there were just stupid one of my friends that have no sense kindergarten told me not to worry about them but it's hard to worry about a couple white boys especially popular white boys at your school putting lies on your names and telling everyone something that's not true, telling black girls that they're not pretty or only telling black girls that they would date them only if they were hot, taking that every fake hair that they see on the ground belong to one black girl out there.

I walked over to the braid and when I saw myself seeing that it was a twist I started wondering how the hell the boys out there think that it was my hair when you could clearly see that I was wearing braids in our twist you can tell that the toys were messy twist and that my box braids weren't messy they were clean. I started thinking to myself wondering again about how stupid the wife was there. I picked up the bread and it was time to go I hear the voice will blow and y'all started to walk back into school that same white boy yelled at me and said "is that your hair?". Actually felt anxiety and anger is starting to flow in my body and feeling so angry at that same white boy who happened to be in my math class and language arts. With my anger I yelled  back at him and said "n***** is a twist afraid it's not a real hair". I also remember I was going to have white boy who I knew that I never really talked to it was also in my language arts class every time for the white girls would hold out the braid he would start backing up quickly and I would laugh at his response realizing how stupid they were and realizing how uneducated they were. I started to walk back to our community I went over to the bathroom trash and threw it away I still feel anxious and anxiety for my body but I try to not remember the moment especially one of the popular boys and never say anything about the twist was in my social studies class.

Ever since then I've always been conscious about my braids always worrying whatever braid falls out, I braid falls in middle of the class and I don't even notice the someone points it out. I'm always worrying about something falling.