Brother's Bond

Covered in blood from the victims I met along the road, I made my way back home. The moment I step right inside those gated doors, took a toll on me. The mansion looked the same; not a single scratch. I used my vampire abilities to stand in front of the dark oak door, as I traced the detailing with my finger tips that were covered with type B blood. I reached down to the black handles and open the door. I noticed that once you turn into a vampire, you need to be invited inside, but since it's home, I dragged my legs inside. I looked around as everything looked the same; the detailing, the red fabric from the curtains and carpet, the scent of dust, a couple of liquor stains on the carpet. I sigh softly, "Yeah, this is home" I told myself. I placed my hands on the dark wood railing from the stairs and headed upstairs to my bedroom. My door was always closed. I stepped inside and looked around. I took a deep breath and chuckled softly thinking as if I have lungs to breathe, but I did anyways and my scent still lingers in the room. The scent of a luxury cologne with a mix of bourbon and blood. I walked over to my bathroom and washed out the blood on me. I didn't want my brother to see me like this as a first impression after leaving him for centuries. I walked over to my closet and changed into an all black outfit and black boots. I looked at my black leather jacket and smirk thinking how much I missed it. I placed it on and fixed my black raven hair. I started to think that my brother was also a vampire and it is difficult for me to wrap that around my head. He could have lived his life the way he wanted, but when SHE arrived, we lost that Brother's Bond. We had the closeness to always have each other backs, but everything changed when that one girl came into the picture. I sighed just thinking, "if we never met her, will we still be here now?" This second chance to live again, yet how can we life if we are still dead?