Part - 1

After 10 years, a most successful 30 year old businessman, Suyash Mehra, is back in Mumbai, India

An overwhelming feeling of both happiness and sadness storms Suyash's heart, as his feet land on his home country. 

"Itne saalo baad hum India aaye hai!" Mrs.Wadhwa, Suyash's mother-in-law, says, with excitement.

Suyash just gives a faint smile, he is not sure how to feel about this trip, if it was not for his important business related work he would have never come back to this place, where he lost his first love forever. 

It's just a week stay here, it's not much to worry about, he can manage it without bumping into her, but how will he convince his heart not to think of her when everything about this place reminds him of her?  

Driver hurriedly walks up to greet Suyash and Mrs.Wadhwa, when they step out of the airport, and helps them in their luggage. Suyash and his dearest mother-in-law who is like a mother figure in his life head to the Mehra Mansion. 

"Apne desh, apne ghar aa kar yeh alag si khushi hoti haina, Suyash?" Mrs.Wadhwa says, stepping into the mansion.  

Suyash smiles, her happiness and motherly affectionation is soothing to his restless heart. "Mamma, aap aaram kijiye abhi mujhe office jana hoga."

Mrs. Wadhwa looks at him, worried for him, her son-in-law is the only family she has, very kind and pure soul, he is like a son to her, who loves her immensely, and she loves him equally but she dislikes his one habit, i.e his workaholism. "Suyash, abhi toh India aaye ho thodi der aaram karo kya tum bhi har waqt kaam."

"Nahi mamma, aap toh jaanti hai main business ke zaroori kaam se London se India aya hoon warna yahan kabhi nahi aata," Suyash says.

Mrs wadhwa smiles, no use of stopping him. "Accha hua woh zaroori kaam hai warna tum mujhe India kabhi nahi lekar aate."

Her sweet complaints bring a smile to his lips. "Mamma, main aap ko kabhi kisi cheez ke liya mana nahi karunga, aap jab chahe India aa sakti hai, bas main nahi aata aap ke saath."

"Agar mera beta nahi ayega toh main yahan kya karungi, ab choro inn baaton ko, jaldi se office jakar wapas aana main tumhare liye khana bana kar rakhungi," Mrs.Wadhwa says.

Suyash nods his head with a smile and leaves from there. 

In a small two bedroom house lives a 28 year old Parvati and her mother Narayani.

Parvati is in her room getting ready. Her mid back length hair is tied in a low ponytail and she has worn a simple pink saree. She steps out of her room shouting, "maa, chaliye doctor ke appointment ka time hogaya hai."

Narayani has got ready but she is not willing to visit the hospital for her regular health checkup. "Iski kya zaroorat hai Parvati main theek hoon?" she says, coming out of her room.