An Exorcist and Bookworm

A boy with very light blue hair, almost white, walked through the dark yet glowing forest of Wuwang Hill. On his was a large claymore that was slightly a little too big for him, as he dragged it along. His eyes were very attentive at the moment. He was wearing light blue clothes, the color of his hair, and a tight, black undershirt underneath. He had baggy pants as well with boots on. This boy is named Chongyun. He's an exorcist, and at the moment, he was hunting a ghost.

"Hm... it seems the rumors were false—" Chongyun began before hearing a few snaps of branches and leaves. He turned with his claymore out.

"Exorcist..." A voice began. It was a deep yet high pitched voice, like a child trying to sound tough.

"Heh, maybe they're not. You're not scared of my Yang energy?" Chongyun asked. The voice laughed.

"Of course not! There's nothing about it to be scared about, even your abundance." The ghost said. Chongyun turned to more breaking branches.

"You think you can stop me?" The ghost asked. Chongyun gulped. He heard footsteps then turned. A hand was all he saw. This was it. He was dead. The hand moved towards Chongyun's face as the ghost would finish him... or not?

"Got you!" Another boy laughed. Chongyun stood there, dumbfounded. In front of him, a darker blue haired boy stood. He had a smug smile on his face. Chongyun blinked a few times. He looked at the hand now on his shoulder.

"What... wait, Xingqiu! Get behind me!" Chongyun shouted, pulling him aside. The boy's name was Xingqiu.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Xingqiu asked.

"There's a powerful apparition here! I need to take care of it!" Chongyun replied in a serious tone.

"The one I talked about!?" Xingqiu exclaimed. Chongyun nodded. Xingqiu looked like he was about to burst out laughing.

"Hold it in! I still need to find this apparition!" Chongyun shouted. Xingqiu's laugh faded. He sighed. Chongyun is kinda oblivious.

"Alright. Let's go then." He said. The two ran through the notoriously haunted forest of Wuwang Hill. In the end, the apparition was fake. Xingqiu made it up. He always pulled pranks like this on Chongyun, since he was quite gullible. Besides, the look on his face was hilarious every time he fell for it. But, there was more to it. It wasn't only just to fool him. There was encouragement...

"Those other exorcists at least have the courtesy to wave their swords or tack on some talismans. You just sat here for a while, and now you say you're done, and that I should pay you? Who are you trying to fool?"

Chongyun had a rough start as an exorcist. There's a lot to it. For one, he was born from an exorcist family from many generations, and was born with a condition. This condition gave his body Pure-Yang energy. There's a lot of details to it, but long story short, apparitions and ghosts are scared of him. His abundance of Yang energy makes his presence enough to scare away evil demons.

Also, because of this condition, he can lash out pretty often. A way to prevent his lash outs and his constant swings of emotions is to stay cool. If his body is cold, he can contain his emotions and keep himself from lashing out. If you want an example of this...

"Everything's on me!" He shouted. He was in Wanmin Restaurant for a celebration party. After waiting for his Rice Balls to get cold, he finally ate them. However, he came to the grave realization that the rice balls were stuffed with Jueyun Chili, which if you couldn't tell by the name, a type of spicy pepper.

He went wild, blabbering and boasting about his family while making sure to get a bite of everyone's food before leaving each person's table. He even claimed he sensed an evil spirit. He placed a talisman on Xiangling's forehead then chased her with his sword. It was an experience. It's kinda like getting drunk but even crazier. Afterwards, he paid for the full repairs and whatever. However, it didn't seem like everyone hated his behavior. I'm fact, Xiangling found it quite fun and exciting...