7- 𝑺𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝑵𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

𝑫𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 25𝒕𝒉٫ 12:35 𝒑𝒎

The last time I saw him was on Christmas Day. He stood at the same place I first met him, at the bus stop not waiting for the bus. Today, extra people swarmed the streets, going places with their families and friends, but not me and him.

Me and him didn't have family.

"Merry Christmas," he said to me, as I approached him. "Lovely day for rain."

He wore something different today. He wore a dark brown overcoat and his hair was slicked back, like he was going to a business meeting or a special event.

"It's Christmas Day, and all you're thinking about is rain?"

"Of course I am. I appreciate the snow, but I'm always hoping for a little downpour." He smiled. "And look at that!" He pointed to the sky. White flakes started falling for the sky, what everyone had been hoping for since December started.

"Snow." I whispered.

"Snow is quite beautiful, miss. Isn't it?" He sighed. "Oh how beautiful Christmas can be. There's one problem, however."

"What would that be?" I held out my hand and touched a frozen snowflake, that melted in the palms of my hands. I shivered, it was so cold. He frowned, and rubbed his temples, as he looked confused about something.

"Don't you just feel so depressed on this Christmas Day?" He said. "I hardly have the strength to feel jolly, or some sort of expression you're supposed to give on this day."

"I do."

He let out a sigh, and scratched the top of his head.

"And don't you get the feeling....that something absolutely terrible is going to happen?"

"Yes," I mumbled. "Something terrible is going to happen."

"Oh."

We both watched the familiar bus approach us. He smiled at me, sadly.

"I'll see you later, miss." A car went by, almost splashing our faces from the wet puddles. When I came back to my senses, looked to the right again, he was gone. There is was again, the tugging feeling inside of me. I suppressed it, and looked upwards at the downfall of white snow. I breathed in and out, and saw my breath for a second, then fading away slowly.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"Excuse me miss," a woman tapped me on the shoulder, gently. "But who are you talking to? There's no one beside you."

"Oh," I said. "I'm just talking to myself. That's all." I smiled, and then walked away, not taking the bus.

—-

1:45 𝒑𝒎

As the snow fell harder, I took out my umbrella to shield myself from it. I wandered around the park, with nowhere really to go.

I saw him sitting on a bench, wearing his brown overcoat and spectacles. He looked up and smiled at me, sliding his thumb underneath the page he was on and closed the book gently. The title read Little Women.

"Miss, don't we just see Jo in everyone?" He asked me.

"I'm sorry, sir. I haven't read Little Women."

"Shame." He said.

I blinked, and then he was gone again.

—-