Chapter 2: First Week Of High School

I went to school on my first day super nervous. My bus driver was some old fat  retired lieutenant colonel. He seemed grouchy to see me or any of us. I said saying "hello sir", he responded with a "wassup bub" and moved on with his day. I got to school to go to my first period, geometry honors. The other kids I graduated with either either were in algebra 1 or foundations of math. I was always smart in school, but did I mention I was the only freshman I'm the class. That made me even more nervous. I walked in class early just to make sure and it seemed like I was in the biggest nerd class ever. Not that any things wrong with that but these kids were weird and I could I had competition. I watched as they competed on answers and kissed the teachers butt. Suddenly the teacher dawned the spotlight on me, "Derrick if your not going to participate, you have to exit the class or change your schedule". You know that bad stomach feeling when you get in trouble and you get caught. Yeah my stomach started aching really bad but suddenly I said " No sir I'll participate" and he said "okay let's work". As the time passed I solved a couple problems and its was time for second period. As I went through the day I became less nervous and more happy that I was finally a high schooler.