Chapter 15: Fall

Nan POV

On the lobby, outside the event, someone was calling Nan's name. 

"Hey, did you have anything to do about that?" Selena, who started walking with him towards the exit while he was off to his victory party at Chi's mansion. 

"Nothing." Nan lied.

Selena caught his grip, and then accidentally they were so close. "I know you guys did it. You don't have to be that cruel to him."

"Like the way he is to us?" Nan gave him a narrow-eyed look. "It's done, Selena. I don't need you whining about my choices."

"Nan--"

Someone shoved Selena and she nearly tripped on her heels.

"Go find a dick to suck and shut the hell up." Chi sneered. Selena's mouth unhinged then tightened it into a scowl. They rushed towards the exit. The cold outside was sharp enough to make Nan's lungs dried out and he twisted his head toward the sky. 

"Why would you say that to her?" Nan asked sternly.
"Cause I don't want you to be near her." Chi said as he opened the limousine car. "She's bad for you, Nan."

Thomas POV 

When Thomas finished wiping off the blood from his mouth, he went out of the comfort room. He found Chi and Nan standing on the sidewalk, they seemed to be in an argument. Selena, who was also at the lobby was on the verge of crying. Tears started to flow in her cheeks. 
Thomas couldn't help but feel pity on her. Maybe he was too cold and harsh towards Selena because of his unrecruited feelings for Nan. Damn that boy, he had a charm that made some people who want to follow him.
Once Selena found Thomas's eyes, she went to the opposite side of the hallway. Thomas sighed and looked back outside.  Nan and Chi were gone. 

He hated this.  He really hated this.

He was getting jealous.

Nan POV

Chi turned to Nan, a dangerous glint in his eyes. He didn't say anything but Nan couldn't quite understand why was he being so cold to him. All throughout the ride, Nan asked permission to have a sleep over at Chi's since he wanted to celebrate tonight's objective.
"I'll change." He said. He undid his shirt and threw it on the floor. He looked up and saw Chi was staring at his bare skin. "See something you like?" A small smile curved on his lips. 

Chi blinked twice. "No. Get dressed." He shook his head and turned to look at the window.
Nan chuckled at his reaction. Chi got out of his room and came back with a bottle of wine and two glasses. Nan immediately pulled a fresh white shirt, uneasy at seeing him angry. 

They both sat crossed-legged on the bed, facing each other. "Where did he go?"

"Who? Day?" Chi scoffed with a smirk. "He ran away God knows where." 

"I bet he's going to be so embarrassed on Monday." Nan said, sipping from the glass. "Cheers to our little victory."

"Cheers." Chi raised his glass and it clinked. "I'm glad you're staying here, Nan."

Zero POV

The second party at the Hell Circus lasted until 4 in the morning, but Zero dragged Ice out of the club because he was too drunk, and was dancing like crazy in the stage that several faes and vampires whistled.
The two boys were at the back of the car. Zero put his jacket over Ice's body but Ice himself took it and threw it towards the front seat. 

"Hey!"

"Hey w-wha-wha-wha? what?" Ice said drunkenly. 

"I'm trying to help you here, Ice."  

"I'm sorry, Zero. Totally slipped my mind that I would go home."

Zero inched closer to Ice. He took the tequila from Ice and he rolled down the window, pouring all the content. 

"You bastard! That's expensive!"

Zero shut the window and faced him. The look on his face wasn't angry or sad. He was disappointed. "You promised me, Ice, that you will not have an excessive drink tonight."

"But I'm brokenhearted!" Ice shouted, though no contradiction in his tone. "P'Caleb broke my heart! What do you expect me to do? Go back in my room and cry about it until six in the morning?"

"It's better to release your emotions, Ice." Zero said. "It's not good if you keep it to yourself."

"How do you know that?" Ice laughed. His hand traveled to Zero's lips, playing it unintentionally. Then, he pinched his cheeks. 

"Ow!"

Zero pushed him a little while Ice was still laughing. "Zero..." Ice sat up straight and turned at him. "You've been such a good best friend to me. Why, why can't I find the right person for you?"

"You always think that I'm a playboy." 

"Yeah." Ice lifted one shoulder as if he was bored. "Why is it that it is so hard for me to find love when it's so easy for you."
Zero licked his lips, shifting his gaze between the windshield and Ice. "Do you think it's easy for me to find love too?"
"Come on!" Ice whined as he rolled underneath, lying his head on Zero's lap. He laughed. "You are so handsome! Anyone can fall for Zero Hizumi."

"Anyone can fall for me? Even you?" Zero teased, studying his cute drunk face. 
Ice went still as his smile vanished. Silence settled in the car for a few seconds. His eyes glistening as he stared at Zero. "Do you want me to?"
Zero exhaled tremulously as Ice adjusted himself on the seat to sit.

The sexual tension between them increased adamantly as Ice moved towards him. Zero knew he was going to kiss him. His heart was racing now because he'd never been this close to Ice, never been so intimate.
Ice's legs snaked on his lap. Then, he straddled on him. Zero smelled the perfect scent of his cologne. 
"You sure about this?" Zero murmured.

His blood ignited in flames at the beauty of Ice De Guzman. He thought about Chi's warning of friends becoming something more. But at this moment, Zero was certain about his feelings.  He never looked at any boy or girl, the way he was looking at Ice now.
Ice's eyes were staring fervently into his. He didn't say anything. Ice leaned down and kissed him gently at first. But it became wild and long. His hands explored Ice's uncharted body and it rested on his hips, pulling Ice towards him. The muscles in the deepest part of him tightened in the most delicious way.

Zero's fingertips slid along Ice's back. He pressed his lips against Ice's neck, then it moved above to his cheek, and finally found his mouth again.
Zero knew he was kissing someone he should've considered just a friend, but he felt more alive at that moment than he ever did.