Chapter 2

---------🏵️ISABELLA🏵️---------

It's past nine in the evening when we finished preparing the venue for the wedding of a famous celebrity.

This whole week has been crazy busy. And it's a good thing coz my mind got busy too. And I kind of forget about my humiliation and my ex-boyfriend too.

Isabella:
I can't wait to be home and soak my aching muscles in the hot tub.

I said while I'm running a quick massage on my aching legs.

Chloe:
Oh, c'mon Bella. We've been working our ass for the whole week. And now that we're finally done, you just gonna lock yourself again inside your house? Let's celebrate. Let's go out tonight.

Chloe is my business partner and my best friend. I met her at one of the events I attended after I graduated from college. She's a great person with a big heart.

Isabella:
CL

That's her nickname.
I'm the only person who calls her that. CL stands for Chloe Langley.

Isabella:
I don't know if I still have the strength even to drive myself back to my place.

Chloe:
I'll drive you home, freshen up and we'll go out. Pretty please, Bella?

Did I ever tell you that I'm very weak when it comes to my best friend? Especially when she does the puppy dog eyes? I just can't say no to that. I have a soft spot for animals, especially dogs.

Not that I'm saying Chloe is a kind of animal, but you know what I mean.
And she knows exactly how to manipulate me.

So I don't have any choice but to say yes.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

I'm not a woman who likes to go out clubbing. Mostly because I'm avoiding places that might give me a chance to bump into Zach and his friends.

So when we entered the bar, it's my instinct to scan the whole place before settling.

Chloe:
Seriously Bella? Why do you have to choose this table? We are at the end of the universe. You might as well get us to the moon if you have an option.

She's complaining coz I choose the table located at the end of the bar. Very far from the center of the club. Better safe than to be sorry.

I told her that she can leave me and go mingle with others because I'm very fine being alone.

Of course, she refused to do that. I kind of felt sorry for her, so we moved two tables forward. It's not too far, but at least not too close to the center either.

Chloe ordered for us a cocktail, and it wasn't that bad actually. Because mostly when we go out, I only order punches instead of alcoholic drinks.

God forbid, I'm not a good drinker. But I tell you what, I had 3 glasses of cocktail mixed already and still in good condition.

Let's knock on the wood, nothing bad will happen.

I'm on my way to relieve myself when I caught a glimpse of a somewhat familiar figure at the bar counter. Automatically, I took two steps backward to make sure what rather who I just saw.

I almost dived under the nearest table when I realized that the man at the bar counter is no other than Zachariah Evans West.

Thankfully he did not notice me. He was so busy flirting with the bartender.

That bastard is still the same.
Nope, I'm not jealous!

The pee that I was holding a minute ago suddenly disappeared. I think the alcohol decided to go up on my throat instead of my bladder. I felt sick, nauseated, and nervous.