Chapter One

*Elizabeth’s POV*

“Awwww come on Eli! It’ll be fun!” My younger sister Samantha said. She was wanting to go to an abandoned carnival with her friends, and our mother said she couldn’t go without me and one of my friends. I had never been much of a talker so I just nodded in response. I called Sofie and asked her to help me out with them. A little while later we arrived at the carnival. Sofie looked a bit on edge. But who wouldn’t be? I mean we are at a place that used to be full of people now it’s just a ghost town. I saw a movement out the corner of my eye and whipped my head to look over. I thought I saw a clown step behind one of the old run-down tents. I nudged Sofie and pointed to the tent by the time she looked the clown was gone. She gave a dirty look as if to say “Are you trying to scare me more?” I gave her an apologetic look. “Eli! Look!” Sam said she and her friends looking at a Ferris wheel. Sofie and I looked at it in awe. “I love it!” Sofie said. I nodded and then said, “I’ll see if it’ll turn on.” I walked around to the controls of the park and looked for the switch. As soon as I found it I flipped it on and the park came to life. I turned around to head back and saw the clown standing 15 feet away from me. It was wearing a black and white clown suit, black tears flowing from its dark hollow eyes. It was holding a blood-stained bat. The blood was a brownish color it had probably been on there for about five years or more. A scream was lodged in my throat begging to come out. The clown stepped towards me slow and steady. I backed up into the power box stuck between it and the clown. No place to run. No one to help me…