A Ferris Wheel

"AGH! DON'T SCARE ME!"

Tsunami yelped and dashed into the living room, an angry and disheveled Glory stomping after her. Her multicolored hair was tangled in knots from the bed. Her normally neutral face was adorned with a fearsome scowl. 

Seriously, that thing would scare off a thunder of dragons any day.

"Tsunami you know better than to wake Glory up this early," Sunny chided from the couch as said person shuffled into the living room, murder on her mind.

"How, on all of Pyrrhia, did we become friends," Glory growled, her green eyes making Tsunami still in fear on her way to grab the last pancake Sunny had made. She wore a blue shirt that said in bold letters Beach life is the best life which was stupid because they all lived in the Jungle.

That was what the locals called the city. The architects were big on nature and stuff, so they modeled most of the buildings to resemble trees. Glory had lived with her friends in Sky City for most of her life, but came to the Jungle when she'd learned that she had family here. Though she'd never admit it to her friends, she was glad that they chose to come with her. Navigating a whole unfamiliar city where she knew next to no one? Pfft, as if.

Glory had actually been considering staying in Sky when Clay had told her that he would come with her. How could she refuse him? He was Clay for moons sake. He looks all tough, coming in at a huge 7'5" and ripped as heck (he was a gym buff, but only because he claimed that he couldn't protect his friends if he was weak) but he was a total cinnamon roll on the inside. He got all embarrassed when someone complimented him, the blush showing through his light brown skin. And his smiles seemed to literally brighten up a room. Glory couldn't figure out how he did it.

In case you couldn't tell, she had a major crush on him.

Okay, crush seems like a silly word now that they were all legal adults.

So, in love. Big time.

One problem. Glory would always see him smiling and joking with Sunny when they all hung out. The short blonde had tight bonds with everyone in their sort of family, and Glory really did enjoy her company. She just got incredibly jealous every time she saw the two whispering to each other.

"Please don't kill me Glory," Tsunami pleaded, obviously trying to hold back laughter. Glory scowled, and promptly snatched the last pancake, slowly taking a bite and not breaking eye contact with Tsunami. The woman groaned dramatically while Sunny chuckled.

"You monster!" she cried, throwing an arm over her forehead. Glory smiled a bit, and walked to the door, shoving the rest of the pancake into her mouth and swallowing.

"I'm going to visit the boys," she announced, hand on the doorknob, the other trying to tame her hair. She didn't feel like going through her morning routine, even though it was nearly twelve in the afternoon.

"Going to visit Clay?" Tsunami cooed. A yelp followed and Glory rolled her eyes, leaving. It didn't take long to get to where Starflight and Clay lived. They were just across the hall. She invited herself in, and the smell of bacon invaded her nose. Clay was cooking while Starflight read at the table. No surprise there; he'd always been the bookworm out of the five.

"Hi Glory!" Clay greeted happily, forgoing the food to give her a quick hug. She hugged back, looking away to hide her blush. He was wearing an apron. A pink apron. And he made it work somehow. He just looked cuter!

Violent sizzling broke them apart and Clay yelped, turning back to the cooking food. Starflight looked up, his black hair framing his face.

"Hello Glory." That was it before going back to his book. Some things never change.