Chapter 3

"WAIT STOP THE CAR!" Destiny yelled.
"What happened?" I quickly pulled over.
"We didn't see sugar, we need to go back" she said.
"I can't tell if you're joking" I said.
"I promised Grams that I'd watch her for a few days" Destiny explained "I bought her stuff at home and everything"
"With what money?" I asked.
"My allowance" she shrugged.
"Fine then" I turned the car around and headed back towards the house.
"But call Grams and ask her if its ok"

Destiny quickly got her phone out and rushed to call mum. After a few seconds her smile widened and the call ended.
"She said we should head back" Destiny giggled.
"Alright then" I sighed. After a few minutes we were back in their driveway. We got out of the car and walked inside.

My parents were eating with Jay's parents but he was no where to be found.
"Hi again" mum smiled "she's in the living room"
"Thank youuu" Destiny ran out.
"What is she so happy about?" Simon asked with a smile.
"She was excited to see their dog so we came back" I smiled. I sat down at the table.
"Since you're here just eat" mum said.
"Alright" I stood up and walked over to fix a plate.

"I FOLLOWED HER CAR BACK HERE, IS SHE H-" Jay paused when he notice me staring at him "oh hey"
"You were following me?" I stopped.
"Um no" I lied awkwardly.
"I genuinely can't even express how sorry we are" Simon said "he asked us to set you guys up but we didn't think it would be like this"
"I don't think they are a good mix at all" mum laughed "he wants to control her yet in all of her 22 years of living she's barely followed orders"
"I can tame you" he smiled.
"I'm not a fucking horse" I put the plate down and crossed my arms.

"Um does he have any fighting experience at all?" Dad asked "like martial arts or kick boxing?"
"No" Renee said.
"Yeah he needs to leave her alone then" Mum laughed "she has mastered most fighting forms and-"
"You're so small" Jay walked over to me "I think I can take you" I quickly did a back spin kick that landed on the side of his neck. He crumbled onto the ground.
"Ok that was amazing" Renee stood up. She walked over to her son "see this is why you don't be a disrespectful ass bitch" she slapped him awake "I'm so sorry sweetie" she stood straight "he has a big obsession with you clearly" she smiled "our families have been friends for a while now so we thought it would be good for the both of us"
"I understand" I stared at her lips as she smiled. She quickly noticed and started blushing.
"Y/n she's married" mum sighed.
"I mean-"
"Get your food and sit your ass down" she snapped.
"Fine" I chuckled and continued making my plate.

I finished then sat down and started eating.
"So Y/n what do you for a living?" Simon asked.
"My main occupation is a university professor but I also model and I own a few businesses along with loads of other things" I explained.
"So you make all of your own money?" Renee asked.
"Yes" I said.
"So you pay your own bills?" Jay asked.
"No my dad does" I shrugged "I would prefer to pay them but-"
"As long as I have money in my pockets no child of mine will pay their bills" Dad stated "of course its important for her to have her own job so that she understands responsibility and matures independently but still it makes me happy to pay for her stuff" he shrugged.
"If you were my wife then I'd let you buy whatever you want" Jay sat next to me.
"Well I never will be and I can buy whatever I want now" I said.
"I could pay for Destiny's stuff" he said.
"No thank you" Destiny walked in with sugar in her arms.