Chapter two: Remember

Castle Combe, March 1690

"Emmeline." "No, stop running towards me brother!" I ran swiftly across father's empty field of flowers. "Gotcha!" Andrew said as he clasped on my waist and forced me to fall into the green grass.

"Not fair, I am shorter, hence I run slower!" I yelled at Andrew while nudging his chest area. "Don't ever abandon me brother." I sighed at him. "I will never leave you alone my dear sister, we stay together forever."

"That is my most sincere promise to you."

Present Day

I gasped at the sight of him.

He was there and I was terrified.

"Emmeline!" Andrew yelled as the whole room of people turned their heads towards us. "My apologies." Andrew said to the crowd while bowing to give them a sign of respect. "Sorry." I whispered to him. "What's wrong Em?" Andrew asked. "Nothing, I just feel a little queasy tonight brother." I answered nervously as he looked at me with an unfamiliar look on his face. "I am a bit parched brother, I shall fetch us a glass." I smiled at him nervously.

As I made my way to the table I heard a familiar voice.

"My darling Emmeline."
I was shocked. I did not know what to do nor say.

"Ambrose." I said while chucking a fake smile at him.

"How are you my dearest?" He said while grinning at me.

"I am doing quite well." "You know, I can make you feel better." He said to me while sliding his hands around my waist.

"I must go, my brother wishes me." I said nervously as I forced his hands out of my waist.

I made my way to an empty room.

I shut the door quietly but swiftly and fell to the floor. I broke down in tears. I was terrified. Angry. Vulnerable. I still remember everything. How he used to- "I can see you are not having a very good evening."

An unfamiliar voice echoed in the room.

"My apologies, I am not usually this pathetic." I said as I wiped the tears away. "I never said you were pathetic." He said as I turned around. "Well, what word would you like to use in my current situation then." I said as I chuckled to brighten up the mood.

"Beautiful." He said as he grabbed my hand.

"What is your name dear?" He asked before planting a kiss on it. "Emmeline" I said as he looked at me in the eyes. "A charming name for a charming young lady." He whispered as he let go of my hand.

We stared intensely into each others eyes.

I broke the silence by asking "How about yours?" "My what?" He asked confusedly as he looked down. "Your name, sir" I asked him with a smile planted on my face. "Oh, yes right. My name." He said as he looked up at me while chuckling. "Peyton, Prince Peyton." He said while smiling at me. I gasped as I bowed down "My apologies your royal Highness. I did not recognize your face." I said nervously. "Please there is no need for a lady to bow down, even for a Prince." He said while helping me up. I smiled at him as he gazed into my eyes.

"Sister! There you are." I flinched as Andrew called out to me.

"Hey Peyton!" Andrew said excitedly as he ran towards the Prince and gave him a big hug. I looked at them confusedly. "Andrew address his Royal Highness properly."

I smiled nervously at Andrew.

"Oh dear sister we are good friends, the closest even!" Andrew said excitedly as the Prince smiled at me. "Oh, you are close friends with a prince?" I asked while looking at Andrew with a shocked expression urged on my face.

He nodded at me while caressing my back softly for comfort.

"I am glad to have encountered some time with you Emmeline, let us meet soon?" The Prince asked while smiling at me as he walked out the big doors.

"I thought you were getting me a drink, not schmoozing with a prince." Andrew said sarcastically. "Oh stop talking." I said as I left the room annoyed. "I was just kidding sister." Andrew said while chuckling at me.

I nodded in agreement to his statement.

"Why are you here dear brother?" I asked confusedly, desperate to get and answer out of him. He never visited once in over a decade and now suddenly he is back and it made me wonder why.

"Shouldn't you be with your wife and kids, teaching them something." I said as he looked at the floor. He looked up at me with an annoyed look in his face. "I am merely here to settle some things for you and mother, sister." He said angrily.

Why was he angry with my question?

We left the room and danced more the entire evening. The whole evening I was relieved that Ambrose was no where to be seen. We left the ball early.

On the way home I kept thinking about the encounter I had with the prince. He was kind, gentle and charming. But even the run in I had with the prince couldn't keep my mind off of the fact that Ambrose was in Castle Combe.

I was scared of what he might do.

_______________________

Hope you enjoyed, this chapter was a bit long since I was in the zone. Coming out with more chapters! Stay tuned

-Rose