20. Zoya Speaks

Zoya's POV :

Slippery stones lined up the uneven path and I could barely see in the dark. But for once, I didn't care about the darkness. I didn't care about the Hyacinths that flanked either side of the pathway, the very same purple ones in my home, the same ones that my Rahul had admired. I had never noticed them before. But now I did. I took it as a sign and ran faster.

I don't know what I was thinking hovering around Josh. It was this guy who had my whole heart. 

"Hey Rahul!", I yelled as I ran after the figure disappearing around the bend "Hey! Wait! This isn't over, you prick"

Rahul turned around and stopped seeing me.

"Zoya, please just go back", he said as I started walking faster towards him.

I jumped into his embrace and crashed my lips into his.

We were kissing after six months. How I had missed this, all these days.

As he released my lips, his mouth moved to my jaw, leaving kisses in it's wake. I managed to notice that Rahul had only grown more handsome. But he was thinner now. An angry red welt ran across his right cheek which I used I used to kiss.

"Rahul?"

"Yeah", he hummed against my throat.

I forgot what I was going to say as he unclipped my hair catcher and ran his hands through my tresses which came tumbling down.

"Do you still have the bracelet?", Rahul asked as I skipped next to him. I'd not forgotten how much taller he was than me.

"Of course baby", I replied.

We decided to stop at a coffee shop dotted just a little away from Bluepeaks.

We both ordered coffees. I also ordered a cinnamon twist donut. Rahul said he didn't want anything else.

As we sat down, I recalled all our past dates. The multiple ones we'd had in the eatery outside our apartment complex before he moved to Juhu, the one where he had taken me to an expensive and super posh restaurant but I'd screwed up, the concerts of his band which I'd attended and most importantly, the one where I'd even taken Mishti and Riya along.

Most of our coffee date was spent in silence. We could only stare at each other. It didn't matter. There would be plenty of time to catch up. Days, months or maybe even years.

After the coffee, we walked back to the resort, hand in hand. I was stunned to find a police van leaving the place.

A/N : Sorry for the pov transition. I love my babies and I just had to show how they got back together. We will resume Mishti's pov from the next chapter.

I'm also obliged to thank candy_starlove for asking me to write a chapter from Zoya's pov and also for letting me give her original name to one of the not-so-nice characters in this story.