Can't Be Fixed so Deal with it

Drift
Nation
Lollie
Genesis
Judge
Argo
Soul
Sans

~~~

Soul made breakfast for everyone. "So I may have an idea on fixing your soul-"
"no." Gaster paused. "No?" We glared at him. "no more tests. no more experiments. we are fine the way we are."
"We meaning.. all your 'personalities'. I figured you'd want some sort of normacy? This may be your only chance."
"fuck normal."
"ARGO NO CURSING IN THE HOUSE."
"sorry bro. screw normal." This really didn't sit right with Gaster. He wanted so badly to fix his mistakes. Why did they have to make it so difficult. "Please. Allow me to fix you."
"what makes you think we need fixing? we are not.. 'normal', that is true, but we like us the way we are."
"most of us, anyway.."

~~~

If they thought Gaster was giving up easily, they were wrong. He wanted Sans opinion on the matter. Sans was the leader after all.. the original. "papy's gonna kill me for this!"
"What happened?" Gaster asked, slightly concerned. It was Nation he was speaking to, after all. Nation was... unpredictable.. "i wasted all the flour on my horrible attempts to make his birthday cake!"
"Wait what?"
"even though we don't age, we still celebrate the days we became apart of sans. it's lollie's birthday in three days and i failed to bake again!"
"You.. all have separate birthdays?"
"more or less. excuse us while i clean up nation's mess."
"How does Papyrus even tell you all apart?" Soul grabbed a broom, dustpan, and other cleaning supplies. "mannerisms. clothing. it's not hard if you pay attention and get to know us." He left Gaster alone in the room. Lollie's birthday, huh?

~~~

"so.. you want us gone."
"I want to fix my mistakes. You, none of you, were ever supposed to exist."
"yet we do. we are a mistake that doesn't wanna be fixed, Gaster." Gaster huffed. "We will see about that."
"you'll find that no matter who you'll ask, the answer will remain the same. even drift wishes to stay."
"Even Sans?" Judge didn't falter. "even sans. but seeing as you won't listen to anyone but him, you won't listen to me."
"Why don't I speak to him now." Gaster didn't like Judge. They clashed to often. "he doesn't wish to come out at this time. wait until after the party."

~~~

"Papyrus why is your brother so stubborn?" Gaster sighed, annoyed. "I DO BELIEVE YOU HAVE A PART IN THAT. WILL YOU BE AT THE PARTY?"
"Lollie's party? Lollie shouldn't even exist. That was MY mistake."
"A MISTAKE OR A BLESSING?"
"What?"
"SANS.. HAS ALWAYS BEEN MORE THAN HIM. I KNOW YOU WISH TO 'FIX YOUR MISTAKES' BUT WHAT WOULD IT DO TO SANS IF YOU DID THAT? HE'S ALWAYS HAD ALL OF THEM SO.. COULD HE STILL DO HIS SCIENCE WITHOUT GENESIS OR NATION? COULD HE STILL PROTECT WITHOUT JUDGE OR SOUL? COULD HE FIGHT WITHOUT ARGO? SLEEP WITHOUT DRIFT? BE CHILDISH WITHOUT LOLLIE? THESE ARE THINGS YOU MUST CONSIDER. THEY ARE HIS COMPANY WHEN HE FEELS ALONE HIS OWN LITTLE FAMILY IN HIS HEAD. YOU REALLY WANT TO TAKE THAT AWAY?" Gaster didn't know how to reply.

~~~

"happy birthday lollie!"
"best to you, kid."
"happy day."
"i tried to make a cake."
"he failed."
"you are no older, yet we celebrate."
"Happy birthday little punk!"
"H-happy b-birthday.."
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER!"
"thanks guys. lollie's taking a nap at the moment, but he'd appreciate this."
"Of course! I still don't entirely get it, but still! Your our friends!" I grinned. "Sans." It faltered. "oh boy. here we go." I turned to Gaster. "hey dings. what's up?"
"I think you know by now."
"mm. you're not fixing me so stop asking."
"Why?! Why won't you let me fix my mistakes!?"
"mistakes? they aren't mistakes. they are me. they've always been me. deal with it." I went to the kitchen. He's following.. "dings, we've told you time and again that i'm not being fixed so just stop."
"I get that. I give up. But it is still Lollie's birthday is it not?" I paused. "mmhm."
"Tell him I said happy birthday?" ... "..."
"thank you.."

And fin. Cause why not end at what I see, and hopefully you see, as an adorable moment. Sorry I kinda ran out of ideas at the end.. Well anyways have a great day/afternoon/night!

-Kyran