Drift

Drift
Nation
Lollie
Genesis
Judge
Soul
Argo
Sans

~~~

I didn't want to wake up today. Hell, I never wanna wake up, but I'm just as much a piece of Sans as the others so I guess I gotta try a little. Uhg. I got up from bed and looked at the clock. 3 in the afternoon. Welp. An entire night of tossing and turning 'll do that to ya. 'Come on, buddy. At least say hi before you crash on the couch.' "i guess.." Why did you even agree to this, if you were going to sleep in? "i don't even know.. i shouldn't have.." I groaned as I slipped on some sweatpants, the slippers, and the hoodie, tossing up the hood to get more comfortable. I hated meeting people. Why DID I agree to this? "heh." Nice pun. Lollie don't encourage him. "i suppose. here goes everything." I opened the door to our bedroom and sauntered down the stairs. Pap and the kid were watching me with worried expressions. Great. Person to person contact. At least it's our bro. Still I pulled the hood up further and slipped onto the couch. "H-HI, BROTHER.." Stars he spoke first. "Hey Pap.."
"YOU MUST BE DRIFT."
"mmhm." Silence quickly fell.

~~~

"DRIFT? ARE YOU GOING TO EAT..?"
"maybe later.." I mumbled. "DRIFT.. ARE YOU OK? I MEAN.. I KNOW YOU AREN'T OK, BUT.. I DON'T KNOW. I'M WORRIED." I sighed. "i know.. i'm sorry. i'm just.. not really feeling up to it."
"YOU.. DON'T REALLY FEEL UP TO ANYTHING.. DO YOU?"
"kinda how i work, buddy. 'm sorry." The kid spoke up. "You apologize alot."
"do i? 'm sorry."
"THAT YOU DO.. IS IT BECAUSE.. BECAUSE OF DAD? HOW YOU COULDN'T.. NEVER MIND.."
"..." I looked away. "don't wanna talk about it.."
"Maybe you need to." Frisk offered. "no." I shot it down immediately. "DRIFT. YOU NEED CLOSURE. YOU CANNOT KEEP BLAMING YOURSELF FOR WHAT HAPPENED." I sighed deeply. "i. gave. up. pap. i have every right to blame myself. i gave up on him, and i can never, never save him.. that's the worst part.."
"..."
"LETS GO TO GRILLBY'S." The kid and I looked at Pap in shock. "but ya hate grillby's?"
"YOU NEED CHEERING UP. IF GRILLBY'S WILL DO THAT, THAN I'M WILLING TO GO TO THAT GREASE TRAP. NYEH HEH HEH!"
"That's so sweet Papy!" The kid chirped. "well.. ok. let's go."

~~~

"Is Sans OK? Yesterday he was practically bouncing off the walls.." Grillby noticed my condition immediately. "right.. i didn't tell him.." Great. "You didn't? But you tell him everything?"
"Tell me what?" Grillby asked, confused. I plopped my head on the counter. "'bout my dissociative identity disorder."
"Dissociative- you have Dissociative identity disorder?" He actually knew what that was? Wow. "You know about DID?" Frisk asked. "I'd met a human with the disorder once, before the war. We were friends so I'm aware. Though in that time it was called Multiple Personality Disorder."
"and now you know two."
"I DIDN'T KNOW THAT YOU KNEW SOMEONE LIKE THAT."
"I did. You really have it too, Sans."
"mmhm. it's drift, actually. yesterday you'd met nation. and there's five others.."
"DRIFT IS SANS' DEPRESSION PRETTY MUCH, AND NEEDS CHEERING UP."
"I see.." Grillby hummed. "Well let's cheer him up then. Oh! And it's nice to meet you, Drift."
"ditto."

~~~

They spent the rest of the evening trying to cheer me up. I felt bad, honestly. I wanted to let go. I wanted to forget, just like everybody else. But I couldn't. Gaster was gone and it was my fault. I couldn't save him. Drift.. it was my fault..  No Nation. Your the determined one.. I'm the one who gave up. Boys, boys. We are all in this together. We all gave in. We are all at fault. But we can fix it. We ask for Alphys' help and we fix the machine. We save dad! 'Ya in?' "you know.." I sat up a little on Grillby's couch. "i do know a way ya can help me, us, feel better."
"What is it?" The kid asked. "call al. i.. need her help. i'm.. not done. we're not done.. trying to save him. and you guys can help. you can all help. please."
"OF COURSE, DRIFT. OF COURSE WE'LL HELP SAVE DAD."