6

The next day Joohyun woke up with a fever. Her throat felt a little soar and it was hard to make a gulp.

"How the hell did I end up falling sick?" She sat up straight on the bed. Minutes later, once she was fully awake, the memories of last night started to flash in her mind. Not wanting to think about it early in the morning, she shook her head drifting away from negativity.

As it was Saturday and there was no university today, she felt glad that she didn't have to skip her classes for the sickness.

She didn't have the strength to cook anything so she just drank some hot tea and stayed at home the whole day. After laying on the couch and finishing watching her favorite series, Joohyun felt like the whole day was spent so meaningless that she wanted to sleep already. Instead, she decided it would be better if she cleans up the house since there was nothing else to do.

Her throat felt a bit better after taking some pills and rinsing her throat with warm coke several times as Baekhyun taught her. He had weird schemes of recovering. And though her fever subsided a little, her head ached to death.

After twenty minutes of trying to do some housework, Joohyun sat on the couch holding her pulsating head. Just when she decided to clear her mind from sickness by getting some rest, a doorbell ringed.

"Who is it?" Joohyun went to check a monitor near the entrance door. "Huh?"

No one was seen on the little screen. The girl chose to open the door to check. No one but a paper bag on her doorstep with some contents.

Crunching down to see what was in the bag, she smelled some fresh hot toppokkis which were her favorite, alongside hot steamed Korean dishes.

Unconsciously, her stomach growled recognizing and sensing the food. She missed her mother's cooking. "Is it mom's doing?" Joohyun muttered thinking about the woman. "But she wouldn't just leave the bag with food for me, without seeing me first."

Confused as to who sent the meals to her when she didn't order anything, Joohyun looked around to still see no one. Instead, there was a note inside. Quickly realizing from whom the unexpected delivery could be, she rose to her feet slowly, waiting for the suspect to show up. But he didn't. She read the note.

"I heard a beautiful girl here wanted fresh home-cooked food. Is it you?"

"What a lame excuse," Joohyun let out the tired sigh and authoritatively said, "come out."

Silence.

"Now." Still no answer.

Joohyun didn't want to spend any more minutes on the cold porch. "If you don't, then I'm not going to take this in or talk to you anymore."

Waiting a little bit more, the boy finally stepped up from his hiding spot, lowering his head in the quilt.

"How... did you know that it was me?" Baekhyun tried to smile, but seeing her furrowed and angry face made him shut up immediately.

Joohyun didn't answer and entered back into her apartment leaving the door open. Baekhyun took a deep breath in before taking the package and entering. He felt like he was somehow entering a war zone. War zone of cold attitude from his best friend.

"You always bring food when you want to apologize." Joohyun sat on her couch crossing her arms on her chest. The outrage emotions made her forget the pain in her head.

"Not only when I want to apologize..." Baekhyun couldn't finish his argument his whole physiognomy feeling the blazers ready to shoot out of Joohyun's eyes any moment.