4

A/n: haven't updated in a while, so here you go!!! Enjoy your reading 😉✨

"Oh, you're already there. Great," Joohyun saw her friend standing in front of the news administration's door. Baekhyun, who came as fast as he could when Joohyun called him during his lesson on Opera History, was catching his breath and leaning his back on the wall.

"Why would you ask me to run here if you came later yourself?" he complained, "ah, it is tiring to run through the whole building and 5 floors, you know?!"

"Don't whine. Did you see the news?" Joohyun came closer to him, biting her lower lip with her teeth.

"Yeah! And I'm glad that they came out. Jinah came before the class and told me that she's gonna quit her courting since I'm 'dating' you," Baekhyun smiled at his friend slash secret crush. Joohyun glanced at him awkwardly and tried to avoid his eyes seconds later. He tilted his head to the side, his smile dropping.

"You seem tense... what happened?" He asked worriedly furrowing his brows.

"Joon doesn't know about the whole thing," she sighed glancing at him timidly. Baekhyun's mood became gloomy for two reasons. One, because Joonmyeon didn't know about the situation, and two, because she called him by his sweetly 'Joon' nickname.

Baekhyun thought that her mentioning her boyfriend affectionately wasn't necessary at the moment. Or maybe it wasn't pleasant to hear only for him as he looked at the standing girl in front. She looked so cute and squishy with her lips pouting a little in thought and eyes focused on the wall opposite her.

'Of course, he's her 'real' boyfriend. Who do you think you are?' Baekhyun's current thoughts made him ten times sadder than the times when he had to deal with Jinah.

Now the said girl seemed to distance herself from him. At least for the last few days. And when she came to him this morning with a face that had a lot to tell, he thought that his efforts were unsuccessful.

He expected her to continue and annoy him further. However, Jinah had other things in her mind.

Looking at Joohyun, his best friend from school days, he was first of all sorry to drag her into another possible trouble. He knew she didn't have the heart to say no to him anytime. And he kind of 'used' this kind and generous side of her. For his selfish reasons.

"You want the news to disappear, right?" he asked her standing taller now.

Joohyun looked at him with a surprised expression adorning her face and Baekhyun once again wanted to beat himself.

Just how the hell did he fall for her? She was the third friend and the first female friend that he had and opened up to unawarely and without any reason. Why did he fall deep and hard for her?

"I think we should fix this as soon as possible. Joonmyeon doesn't pick up. He must be at another party," Joohyun was restlessly looking around. After a big inhale she stood closer.

"Let's enter then," she knocked on the door they were standing near. Nothing was heard. Joohyun tried to turn the handle but the door was locked.

"What the hell? Is it closed?" Joohyun glanced at Baekhyun confusedly. "Why did you not tell me it was closed?"

"How would I know that?" Baekhyun chuckled.

"You came here earlier! Did you not check it?" Joohyun whined.

"Hey. I was catching a breath after you made me run a marathon through the whole university."