4: Friend

" Haeun-ah !! Haeun-ah!! "

"Let me go! Haeun-ah, what the hell are you doing?! You can't just leave us!"

"Haeun-ah! I'm sorry! I won't be mean to you again! Please... don't go."

"You can't leave us here! We need you!"

"No! Kim Haeun!!"

".. please.. you can't do this to me.. I'm begging you.."

I slowly opened my eyes, as my alarm never stop ringing
thus waking me up from my dream. I blinked sleepily and dismissed my alarm, staring up to my room's ceiling while deep into the thought of my dream.

The world enveloping me was dark and I couldn't see anything except hearing those desperate voices. Yet it wasn't the first time to experience that dream.

"It's just a dream.. don't think much," I shutted my eyes, assuring myself. I took a deep breath before checked on my phone at the side table.

It was still early in the morning and I have to wake up because I had to meet Wonwoo at noon as he promised to give tour of his college later. Without wasting any time, I got up from the bed and walked into the bathroom for shower.

As I finished getting ready, out of nowhere a soft sigh coming out my mouth. I was about to stand up, but my eyes caught the sight of the picture frame on my makeup table.

I had no clue that Aunt Kwon brought almost all my stuff from Jaehun's house here.

I slowly took the picture of mine when I was still in highschool. I still remember the day the photo was taken — uncle Jaehun was so eager to take picture of me and Hoshi that day though we both refused profusely as we thought that it was childish.

I chuckled a little at the memory. For a couple of minutes, I just kept staring at my younger self in the picture and said,

"How much have you grown while I was away." A faint smile slipped into my mouth until I noticed the silver ring I wore in the photo.

And strangely, I could feel my heart began to skip a beat as I felt the rush of memories of one year schooling in Seoul.

Let alone the people who made the memories with me.

And my smile dropped immediately. Because the longer I looked at it, it just reminded me so much to that particular someone. Someone that owned the same silver ring.

I wonder how he's doing... and all those crackheads..

I could feel my inside shuddered at the thought of meeting them again, it was scaring me. I scoffed to myself as I threw the frame into my bed.

"Ugh, this is so annoying."

This was what I had been dreading ever since I decided to come back here, the thing they called memories.

And to be honest, I was afraid of that particular time when I meet my old friends. I dreaded the moment when I would feel the rush of the memories.

So, I had decided not to ask anything about them since I left Seoul and would not meet them. And if it ever happened, I would act as someone new instead of someone who had shared special memories in the past.

Because I believed it would just dig the healed wound back. It sounded cruel, but I had no other choices, do I?

"Haeun?"

I turned around immediately and saw Hoshi popped his head in between my bedroom door.

"Oh, Soonyoung." I feigned an innocent face, tucking my hair behind my ear.