2. He was an angel

White....white ceiling...white walls...all white...did he send me to heaven? That lying son of a b****

"Thank god you're awake" Zoe's voice trailed in and I relieved at the realization that I am not dead. "I shouldn't have let you drive by yourself. You could've died."

"Maybe I did."

"What?"

"Nothing. What happened .how am I here?" I slid up with my back against the bed rest.

"You had an accident. A big one. But someone helped you and called the ambulance. And they called me as I was the last dialed. You want me to call your parents?"

"No. spare them the worry." She nodded and sat on the stool beside bed.

"Do you remember who helped you?" I frowned trying to remember anything of the sort but the only thing that lingers in my memory is ....hell, devil, demon, and deal.

"Whoever did...he saved you. Doctor said it was odd that you didn't get too much hurt after crashing and nearly drowning...thanks to him...he was surely an angel."

"Yeah. Maybe" possible. "Hey Zoe...my throat is really coarse...could you bring me some coffee or something."

"Yeah. Sure...you just wait here. I'll be back in a bit."

15 minutes passed but there was no sign of either coffee or Zoe. So I decided to go and look for her.

My head felt dizzy wrapped under the bandage as I stepped down my foot and managed to maintain balance till I reached the corridor.

It felt like déjà vu as I stood in the middle of the corridor. Lights were constantly flickering and there was an uncomfortable silence along with a chilly breeze that made me shiver a bit, I had no idea what was the time but looking at the surrounding it felt like it was late night.

A sound of something thrashing on the floor came from the end of the corridor. I looked towards it thinking whether I should go ahead and see what happened or should go back inside.

This somehow gives eerie vibes and I should probably go back inside.

I startled when I turned as a figure nearly bumped into me, which was definitely not there a second ago.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you."