𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹

𝙼𝚢 𝙵𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝙰𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜!

"Good Morning class."

A loud voice jolted through the open air as a female professor stood in front of the class. Her eagle-like eyes pierced through the class as she stood tall in front of us. 

"Good morning Madame Hooch." 

From somewhere behind me I heard Draco make a comment, making his friends snigger along with him. I turned around to look at Draco, who still has that shit-eating grin on his face. I blinked blankly at him, causing his smirk to only grow wider.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of your broomsticks."

Students all did as they were told and I followed suit. I felt Eira stir around in my hood and quickly glanced around to see if anyone noticed. No one did thankfully.

"Stick your right hand over the broom and say up."

A disorganised chorus of 'up's started to sound across the field as students all started to follow the instructions they were given. I stared at the broomstick, before raising my hand over it and giving the command.

"Up."

Instantly, the broom obeyed and shot into my awaiting hand. Madame Hooch gave an approving nod while Draco succeeded shortly after Harry did. A girl whose name I knew was Hermione was struggling with her broom a little ways away from me.

I promised I would try to make friends at least..

I drew in a sharp breath before approaching her with my broomstick in hand. I stopped a little ways away from her before softly calling out to her.

"Um, try to say it with more feeling. Like you're giving an order, not a request."

Hermione's head snapped towards me. Her eyes studied my face before they fell onto the Slytherin symbol that was embroidered to the front of my robes. Her face contorted slightly and it seemed like she wanted to say something but stopped herself.

Turning back to her broom she stares at it before raising her hand and firmly saying 'up'. This time she sounded much more assertive and was louder than her first few attempts. She seemed almost surprised when the broom obeyed and flew into her hand, barely catching it.

She turned back to me and nodded her thanks, with a almost seemingly guilty look on her face. I returned a small smile.

"It's no problem."

Her guilty face turned into a more welcoming one, a smile played on her lips as she opened her mouth to reply. But she was cut short by Madame Hooch's demanding voice.

"Now, once you've got a hold of your broom, I want you to mount it and grip it tight. You don't want to be slipping off the end."

Everyone moved to do as she told.

"When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off the ground, hard. Keep your brooms steady, hover for a moment, then lean forwards slightly and touch back down."

Everyone gave a slight nod and she surveyed the class before continuing.

"Now then, on my whistle. Three, two..."

Her whistle went off and I kicked off the ground, hovering as I was told to. My eyes were quickly drawn away from my broom towards a boy that was slowly ascending higher and higher. I got off the broom and watched in slight amusement as Madame Hooch called the boy down.