~ CHAPTER ELEVEN ~

❝ XMAS ALONE ❞

Twinkling stars lit up the night sky as the moon shone its white light across the snowy landscape of the street below, as well as the frozen roof of a welcoming apartment block.

It was Christmas Eve - and Gummy was wrapped up with excitement just like the presents underneath his Christmas tree.

Gummy laughed out of joy, admiring the sparkling tinsel and star-shaped decorations hung across the branches of his deep green pine tree.

He sung happily to himself while adding the final finishing touches to his holiday displays.

"Haha! Finally a Christmas I always dreamed of...

...alone!" Gummy jumped as he enthusiastically spun around, his fluffy red Santa hat almost tipping from his head.

"Ahem?" (Y/n) looked towards Gummy, smiling at his behaviour, her arms folded and her legs crossed in her (o/c) Christmas outfit as she slouched into Gummy's pastel green sofa. She laughed gently as Gummy realised what he'd said.

"Oh right..." Gummy ran over towards where (Y/n) was sat, bouncing onto the sofa beside her with his jelly butt. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and snuggled his head into her neck. "Alone with my girlfriend!!"

(Y/n) giggled, sliding her arm around Gummy's waist, resting her head against the top of his head.

It had been a few months since (Y/n) and Gummy had admitted their feelings to each other, and ever since then, Gummy had been going around boasting that (Y/n) was now his girlfriend, which she happily accepted.

And since Kala and Harry had gone to spend the December holiday with their own families, Gummy and (Y/n) now had some special time to spend together.

"It's just going to be us and Santa!!" Gummy cried, leaping from the sofa in excitement.

He wandered over towards his TV, which had a countdown ticking on the screen and was dressed with sparkling red tinsel.

"Santa should be here in six hours according to NORAD, better set my clock!" Gummy cried, taking out a small and rounded silver alarm clock decorated with a little Christmas hat and holly leaves. He tapped the clock so the timer would alert him to Santa's arrival in six hours' time.

"Only six hours until Santa!" He cried, dashing over to his kitchen counter and plopping his Christmas-y clock onto the work surface.

(Y/n) giggled as she watched him from her seat in the living room, as he took out a tray covered with a thin baking sheet, as well as a piping bag of delicious cookie dough that he'd prepared earlier. He squirted the dough onto the sheet in 26 neat blobs, before enthusiastically pushing the tray into his mini oven that was perched beside the stove.

"Like this baking sheet, I will butter up Santa with the most delicious cookies he has ever had in his life! That fuzzy old man will have no choice but to bring us the most presents ever!" He cried, watching his cookies slowly rise in his oven - that was size of his microwave that sat at the other side of the counter.

Suddenly, a noise of what sounded like sleigh bells rang through the apartment. Gummy and (Y/n) both turned their attention to the outside world, gazing out of Gummy's large, oval window into the dark, sparkling night sky. Fear and surprise filled both their eyes.

Nothing to be seen.

"What was that?" (Y/n) asked turning towards her 'boyfriend', who was expressing his deep thought; fingertips against his chin and gaze towards the ceiling.