Chapter 9:

Third Person's POV

It was past sunrise when they neared the island. Everyone was up and ready to go, excitement and bloodlust filled the already-deadly atmosphere, as expected from the troupe. Since the assault will be held at night, they took their long time exploring the land discreetly.

The Oregon island has a small "town" where an estimation of 400 people resides. Since this is an island we're talking about, beyond the town is the jungle. It isn't off limits according to the residents. But precautions should be done first to avoid any serious trouble, if one is interested to go further.

------
Elena's POV

'My heart is pounding hard inside my chest. Also pulsing behind my ears. It's deafening. Suffocating. I'm so tensed. And it's not even going to start till night time.', I heavily thought to myself.

"Elena. Elena!", someone shouted, snapping me out of trance.

"Huh?! Oh, wait for me!", I didn't know I was lagging behind them. Shalnark looked perplexed while Feitan glared daggers at me. I ran towards them and continued our walk on this town.

"You okay? You look pretty tensed.", Shalnark asked.

"Yeah.... just nervous."

"Nervous? ... or scared?", Feitan snarled.

"I said l'm NERVOUS.", I retorted, emphasizing that word.

"Ha. If you say so.", he replied in a sarcastic tone. It annoyed me.

"Now, now. Quit quarelling and calm down.", said the ever cheerful Shalnark.

"He started it.", I pouted.

"Dont act like a kid. It's stupid.", replied Feitan.

"But I am a KID!", I snapped back.

"Haha you two...", Shalnark just smiled, not knowing how to stop us anymore.

Feitan looked up at the skies and muttered,

"It's getting late. Let's head back to camp."

"Yeah, others might be already there.", replied Shalnark.

We decided to camp on the entrance of the jungle, where we felt the presence of strong auras, assuming it was our target. When we got back, almost everyone's present except for Pakunada and Danchou.

"Yo kid!"

I was greeted by Uvo's grin and his usual 'carry-me-on-the-shoulder' tackle.

--------------
Yo! This is a veeeeeeery short update, if you've noticed. But don't worry, this is a double update :)