Chapter 1

Jaidyn's POV:
It was currently 7:00am on a cold morning in April and through the walls I could hear back in black by AC/DC playing in my brother Jacob's bedroom to wake him up. My dad then knocked on my bedroom door, I said "come in". "Morning Jaidyn, your mom should be back from her run soon so get ready for school" he said to me. I got out my outfit for school today and had a shower then got changed
My outfit:

 I got out my outfit for school today and had a shower then got changed My outfit:

I put my stuff in my school bag and went downstairs for breakfast. I got downstairs and said good morning to my twin brother Joshua (who i was 3 minutes older then). At that point our older brother Jake came downstairs (he was only 1 year older then us). We were average siblings we fight and argue a lot but get along really well even with me being the only girl we still all had a really good bond with each other.

Our mom was standing at the kitchen island eating a bowl of berries and cream when our dad came downstairs and poured himself a cup of coffee. He kissed our mom on the forehead and grabbed the newspaper that was in front of him. Jacob,Josh and I were all sat at the island eating waffles when our dad gasped and dropped the newspaper. We all asked what was wrong but all he wanted to do was talk to our mom in private,they went into the living room and we heard our mom gasp and what he told her.

They both came back into the room and said that they needed to have a serious conversation with us. They showed us the newspaper and there was a picture of a man who I would say was at least in his 60s with the heading in bold writing saying "dangerous inmate who is currently serving a life sentence in Newton Prison has escaped". Our dad told us it was our grandfather and he was a very bad man. "If any of you kids ever see him run and call the police".

Josh said"why is he serving a life sentence what did he do" Josh is a very curious person who asks a lot of questions but our dad knew the answer to that question was going to come out eventually so he'd rather we hear it from him instead of anyone else. "he is in prison for raping and murdering a 19 year old girl and has been in there since I was very young".

"We don't want anything bad happening to you kids so either me or your father are going to take you to school and pick you up from school and until he gets found and put back in jail and no going out and seeing friends" our mom said.
Me and my brothers hated the idea of not being able to go out and see our friends but we knew it was for our own safety and for other peoples safety so we didn't complain

A/N- this is my first time writing so if you could give me some tips of how to improve my writing it would really be appreciated.