Chapter Six

The Best Around

"Have you seen Footloose?" Jimin asked, tilting his head to feel the cold breeze on his neck. How long had he sat out here with Jungkook? Jimin lost track of the hours, but the sun was definitely up. He'd gone inside a couple times to check on Taehyung only for Yoongi to kick him out saying Jimin would wake Taehyung up when he needed all the rest he could get - so back to the cold Jimin went.

Jungkook choked in surprise, his body jolting to look at Jimin who was now sprawled, exhausted, on the steps of his apartment. God Jimin's eyes felt heavy. Every time he closed them he was scared it'd be years before they'd open.

"What in the possible Hell made you think, oh yeah, this guy, this guy right here, has definitely watched a cheesy romance movie and at this point, I should bring that up?"

"Well," Jimin continued, taking a deep breath as if he was sinking into a comfy bed and not a concrete slab covered in dirt and leaves, "this kid, Ren McCormack, moves from Chicago - it's the American City with the pizza."

Jungkook shot a brow up.

"You know, the one with the cheese under the sauce."

"Jimin I know where Chicago is."

"The best pizza."

"Not arguing deep dish isn't."

"So good."

"Jimin."

"Right." Jimin licked his lips and turned to use his forearm as a pillow. Why hadn't they moved inside? Jimin instantly blushed, realizing Taehyung was taking up the living room meaning if he wanted to sleep somewhere comfortable the couch was already taken.

Leaving one other option besides the floor.

"Wow pizza really gets you going, huh?" Jungkook teased at Jimin's red cheeks which caused Jimin to stick his tongue out instead of admitting he was thinking of sleeping in Jungkook's bed.

"My point," Jimin stressed, "is that Ren McCormack moves where dancing is outlawed. He's shocked, obviously, because dancing is supposed to be free and joy filled and this small town seemed to forget that. So he convinces all the kids to dance with him until eventually life floods back into that little town."

"You normally spoil movies for your friends?"

"Only the tattooed ones."

Jungkook grinned and Jimin lazily smiled back.

"I feel like Taehyung is forgetting that about dance." Jimin sighed, sitting up before folding his head into his hands. "And SADA is like Ren McCormack's town."

Jungkook poked his tongue at the inside of his cheek, scooting his hand over the smallest bit towards Jimin's. He twitched his fingers, staring at Jimin's tiny hand only inches away from his own before flicking those long lashes back up at the boy sitting next to him.

"Why do you want to join so bad?" Jungkook finally asked.

Jimin moved his own hand just the slightest inch closer to Jungkook's, his pinkie daring to brush Jungkook's tattooed one. He wondered what it meant, the letters on his fingers or the single eye tattoo on his forearm. With no other ink on him, both tattoos popped against Jungkook's tanned skin.

"Taehyung's the first friend I made here." Jimin shrugged, his eyes down staring at Jungkook's hand. He thought of his little brother, someone Jimin made a mental note to call, and how he used to watch Jimin practice his dance forms in the living room. JiHyun would attempt to mirror them, frowning when he'd fall down and wait till his big brother would run over and make everything okay. "I need to succeed here, Jungkook. If I get in, even if SADA is a little-"