an unformitible dinner

The maids helped me put on my royal attire for the dinner party,I looked in the mirror and took a deep breath.

My mother came in and stood behind me with proud eyes.

"You'll be ok fiona,tonight will be a great night"my mother said resting her hands on my face.

"I don't understand myself..I'm just so confused" I said stuttering with anxiety.

My mother calmed me down and soothed me with her voice.

"Let's just go to the dinner party alright"she said hugging me tightly then guiding me out of my room.

Soon we walked into the ballroom and everyone started staring at us.

I hid behind my mother,beginning to get very nervous..

"Please come from behind me fiona,you'll be fine ok"she said grabbing my wrist and pulling me forward.

"I'm sorry mother..." I said walking ahead of her.

When the doors opened,the announcer presented us.

"May I present,All modura Fenisha and high princess Fiona"he announced proudly.

After the dances and my grandmother's speech,all of us went to the dining hall to have dinner

While we were all eating,my uncles and father were fighting.

I sat there with tears in my eyes,I probably knew what was going to happen so I covered my ears.

My mother hugged me and rubbed head.

My grandmother banged on the table and stood up.

"Shut up all of you! You should be ashamed of yourselves,especially you Fergus" my grandmother yelled standing up

My father scoffed and glared at her.

My mother then stood up,grabbed my hand and asked if we could be excused.

My grandmother nodded and pointed to the door

My mom bowed her head and walked away with me

Once we got to my room,my mother closed the doors and deeply inhaled and exhaled

"Fiona sweetie..I need to grab my things from me and your father's room"

It's ok mom" I said just sitting there quietly.

My mom walked out and went to her room

A few minutes later,I walked in the halls and heard some loud yelling,it was my parents fighting

"But they're just trying to control me!"

"Control you?! You fought in front of your mother! YOUR MOTHER!!"

the door opened and I just stood there.My father glared at me and scoffed.

"What do you want child?"

"I..er.."

"Stop that Fergus!"

"I can't just stand around and say nothing.i need to teach people like Fiona how to stand up for themselves.

"She's afraid of letting you down..maybe you should learn a thing or two from Fiona"

My mom grabbed my hand and we bo th walked back to my room.