Chapter 4

Lucas stared at me for quite sometime before regaining his composure with a fake smile. "Your fiancee?"

"Yeah. "

"It's nice to meet you Lucas." Tracy didn't seem to grasp the awkwardness between Lucas and I at this rate.

"Pardon my manners. Tracy, meet Lucas Grant. Lucas and I go way back."

"Grant? You wouldn't happen to be Ron's brother would you?" She asked turning to face Lucas.

"No. I'm actually Olivia's brother, we just happen to have the same last name. I assume you know who Olivia is?" Lucas was talking to Tracy but I could feel his words hit me.

"Ah... Olivia Grant-Toliver, it never occurred to me. But yes, I've heard about Olivia. Although, I'm assuming you'll be able to shed more light on her considering that Ron has said very little about her. I'd like to know more about the 'sister' to Ron before I meet her next week." Loud mouth Tracy!!! Lucas had this look of literal surprise on his face. He could not believe it.

"Next week huh?" He said as he looked right at me. He was talking to Tracy but his words were directed at me. Again.

"Yeah."

"Well, babe, Lucas and I need to step out, but we'll be back before dinner." I hurriedly grabbed my coat and phone, pushed Lucas out of the apartment before she could even reply.

Lucas and I were taking a walk on the streets of Kensington. It was evening time and the stars were out and bright. What I would give to be here with Olivia.

"If you have something to say, I'd rather you say it than to stay quiet." We had been walking for over 30 minutes and he still had nothing to say.

"Your fiancee? Really Ron?" I looked away because I couldn't stand looking him in the eye. If I reacted this way with him, I would die if I saw Olivia's reaction. "To make things worse, you're taking her to Olivia?! Are you insane?!"

"Look! I know I messed up but just hear me out. When I moved back here, I was all alone. I was craving for a fresh start but apparently, it was seeming quite boring so I decided to enjoy the nightlife here. One of those crazy nights, I met Tracy. Everything happened so quickly that I didn't even notice when we got engaged." He looked at me and then started laughing.

"Is this what you plan on telling Olivia?"

"Well..."

"Absolutely not." He was serious again. "My sister has spent a year and a few months wondering when you would come back or even call, and your ultimate return plan is to take your so called fiancee to her? Well, I hope Tracy likes the idea of being buried in New York cause her body is definitely going to drop there."

"Look, Olivia is upset but how bad could it possibly be?"

"In case you haven't heard, she sacked you from both legal and illegal jobs. And now, without Olivia's backing, there's a huge target on your back. My advice, leave New York behind and stay here or even move to Russia or Italy, anywhere but New York. "

"Shit."

***********Back in New York *********
"Actually, your father wasn't always so put together. He was quite noisy and he was always playing the dangerous game. He would go to the top of the stairs and jump down." Katherine said over dinner. She was leaving in an hour or so, so we invited her to have dinner with us and Luka.

"And I have the scars and bone readjustments to prove it." Andrew said.

"Can I jump down the stairs mommy?"

"Absolutely not. "

"At least not yet." Andrew added. This crazy statement brought a smile to Luka's face. He will never jump down the stairs!