Chapter 28

"You've been quiet ever since I picked you up. You barely said anything at Eliza's school, and you're still saying nothing. Are you good?" Andrew asked as he sorted through some papers.

"I'm good. I'm just dealing with some work things."

"Do you want to talk about it?" I smiled and shook my head. "It's nothing I can't handle."

"Well, I'm here if you need me." I smiled and squeezed his warm hand. Soon enough, he dropped me off at GA, and as I walked through the open entrance, I saw my hard work. Everything I had worked so hard for. I knew more than anyone else that if I didn't handle this Lyn situation, it would get out of hand.

As I walked into my office, I called Stone.

"Set up a meeting. I want to meet this Lyn Birdwell woman."

"Are you sure? As your lawyer, I'd advise against this."

"I know. But I have to do something. I'm tired of constantly jumping from crisis to crisis."

"Your father was a highly complicated man. His choices weren't always the best, but...."

"But what Stone?! He has repeatedly ruined me! He screwed my mother over! And you'd think that after that son of a bitch died, our problems would be over. But it has only gotten worse since then!"

"I understand."

"Please... just set up the meeting. I don't want to hear any other opinions on this. Pick somewhere private and empty. Hell, rent out the whole restaurant if need be."

"Ok. When do you want it?"

"Tonight. I'll go home and change out of these work clothes."

"Don't. You want to appear as a strong decision maker. Even if you do change, wear something feminine and strong. She's a force to be reckoned with, Olivia."

"Well, she hasn't met me yet."

I did a few things around the office, but eventually, I went back home. Ron was waiting for me when I got back. Andrew still wasn't home yet, and the kids were out with Carmen.

"What is this craziness, Olivia?!"

"If you're talking about my decision to meet with Lyn, then I'd have to ask you to please stay out of it."

"That would be an easier decision if I didn't care about you! You don't know this woman! She could be dangerous!"

"Fuck! Why are you sounding like I am a nobody?! I can handle myself."

"And what if she wears a wire?"

"Then I'll make sure she reunites with her husband." He laughed and turned.

"What exactly do you plan on saying to her?"

"I don't know yet. But I'll figure it out there."

"No. I'm coming with you."

"Absolutely not. I have to go alone. She would open up more if I'm alone." I sat down and took off my shoes.

"You've changed so much from the girl I used to know." He sat down next to me and relaxed against the couch. "You used to idolise your father so much. You loved him so much."

"Yeah, well, that was before I realised who he really was. A selfish bastard who only cared about his happiness."

"Do you think your father loved you?" I thought about it briefly.

"No. He didn't even love the woman he promised to love, so..."

"No. Your father might have been a terrible husband, but that didn't make him the worst father. I know that his actions are still causing you immense hurt and pain, but your father adored you. He loved you so much, and he wanted the world for you."