thirty-seven

Hi, I missed you guys.

There might be some cringe moments but things need to get good before they get bad lol

Forelsket (n.) The euphoria you experience when you are first falling in love

Annie

The midnight air felt cool against my skin as it whipped passed us soothingly. I definitely wasn't used to being out this late but I choose this over being at home right now.

I still had absolutely no clue where he was planning on taking me, but simply being with him was enough to get my mind off of what happened earlier.

We strolled down the quiet streets of an unrecognizable neighborhood, the sounds of rustling trees and crickets hidden beneath the perfectly cut grass lawns filling in for our voices.

So far with our time walking, I've learned that Roman enjoys watching sunsets very often then he lets anyone know and has a deathly fear of beach crabs. In a way I find it somewhat adorable.

I had on a hoodie and a random pair of blue jeans so I was warm even through these sudden gusts of wind.

I feel better though. I feel like I can actually breathe now.

The moon was extra bright tonight as well, and there was hardly a need for streetlights.

"So where are we going?" I grin excitedly.

"Not telling." He says with no emotion but bites down on his bottom lip to hide a smirk.

"You're being suspicious."

"I am."

"You're also boring." I teased him, playfully knocking my shoulder into his.

"And you're beautiful." He smiles down at me, knocking my shoulder back.

Oh God.

I'm terrible at taking compliments.

"You were supposed to insult me back." I say, my eyes locked on the pavement ahead of me..

Just take the compliment Annie.

"Alright then.." He chuckled. "Your hair looks a hot mess."

"Nevermind, shut up." I mumble, tucking the stray hairs out of my face only for them to get blown by the wind again. I asked for this.

The sound of a phone buzzing caught me off guard. I immediately assumed it was mine but it turned out to be his instead.

I knew it wouldn't be long until my parents realized I wasn't home, especially after the circumstance I left in.

Now it was just a matter of waiting until I got an angry phone call or a swarm of texts demanding I come home.