Arc: Cold and Elite #1 School Beauty VS Warm and Gentle #2 School Beauty (9)

Lu Zhangting quietly sat in front of the hospital bed and looked at the girl lying on the bed.

Her normally pick cheeks were now pallid. Her originally captivating red lips were bloodless. Lu Zhangting couldn't help but recall the girl he saw in the hot pot restaurant a few days ago, so lively and so full of life.

After the doctor's examination results came out, it showed that the patient's body had no physical problems. Gu Shengyin's condition seemed to be a serious psychological trauma. This time, she might have been stimulated, somehow causing the patient to react.

The doctor left and Lu Zhangting kept watch over Gu Shengyin.

If he previously thought that he only found Gu Shengyin a bit interesting, then when he saw Gu Shengyin lying on the ground, the pain and fear that filled his heart let Lu Zhangting understand that his heart was clearly moved by her.

Not only was he tempted by her, his feelings were deeply rooted.

It was quite intriguing, to have deeply rooted feelings for a girl who he had met only several times after being acquainted such a short while. If it were anyone else, they would think of it as something inconceivable, but Lu Zhangting did not think anything was wrong with it.

As if him being tempted by Gu Shengyin was normal.

Lu Zhangting recalled his close friend who had always loved mystical things, Liang Zimu, and his expressions when he'd always mumble something about the previous life, the current life, and so on.

Originally, he never took it into heart. Now that he thought about it, maybe he had fate with this girl from their previous life, and now it would continue in this life. Otherwise, he would not be attracted to her with a glance.

When Gu Shengyin woke up, a trace of light from the setting sun filtered through the curtains, perfectly falling upon the man in front of the hospital bed, illuminating his handsome face with a warm glow.

If you aren't already doing so, please read at the original site, tranquil library.com.

"You woke up?" Lu Zhangting appeared to be very happy. Seeing that Gu Shengyin was sitting up, he got up to pour a cup of warm water for her.

"This is the hospital?" Gu Shengyin did not think Sheng Lu's body reaction would unexpectedly be so great, but she was still very satisfied with this result.

"En, earlier you suddenly fainted. I just happened to be passing by, and brought you here." Lu Zhangting attentively looked at Gu Shengyin's expression.

As expected, he clearly saw a trace of pain on Gu Shengyin's face, but she quickly restored her calmness.

"Thank you, senior Lu." Gu Shengyin said.

Lu Zhangting considerately did not continue asking and shifted the topic: "I didn't see a cell phone on you, so I didn't contact your family."

Gu Shengyin sighed in relief: "No need to inform them about such a trivial matter. It's better to not let them get worried."

Lu Zhangting did not speak.

"Senior, I don't have any problems so I don't have to stay here." Gu Shengyin did not like the hospital one bit.

The doctor also said that this was her own psychological problem. It was really unnecessary to stay in the hospital so Lu Zhangting nodded his head.

Exiting out of the hospital, Gu Shengyin said that she would like to invite Lu Zhangting out for a meal.

"Senior, don't refuse me. Just treat it as a thank you for taking care of me today." Gu Shengyin said.

Lu Zhangting originally did not intend to decline, but when Gu Shengyin chose the Imperial capital's restaurant, he shook his head.

"How about going to the hot pot restaurant from last time?" Lu Zhangting said.

Gu Shengyin was surprised: "Senior also like to eat hot pot?"

Lu Zhangting laughed but did not say anything.

It's merely because that is where I met you for the first time.

Moreover, the way you looked when it was too spicy, was very cute.

JMin's Corner:

Next chapter, MC & ML's date at hot pot restaurant. Foodie mode!

On the other hand, there's been a series of earthquakes that happened here in the Bay Area. Gotta do some shopping to prepare for my family's emergency kit. Those who also live in the Bay Area should also prepare if you haven't already done so~

See you next week when I post the next chapter!

Ari's Corner: