04

"Hello?" Tadashi asked. Eden wasn't really replying to him and he didn't hear any sound coming from the background.

"Eden?" Tadashi asked, not sure what was happening.

"Hello?" Tadashi listened to Eden say. 

"Hey, uh...are you busy?" he asked. 

He didn't hold his breath, somehow, it just did on it's own. 

Eden took a while to answer. "Well, a little, but what's up?"

"Mikhail's here," said Tadashi. He knew that would make him happy.

Eden's mood and tone immediately seemed to change. "He is?" he asked excitedly. "How is he doing?"

Tadashi didn't realize he was smiling. "He wants you here." Eden's excitement was so contagious he might have felt a little giddy.

He seemed to be thinking about it because he wasn't answering right away. Eden took longer than necessary to make the decision. Maybe he didn't want to come over after all.

"It-" Tadashi started. 

"I'll be there," said Eden. "Just give me thirty minutes or so."

He knew he would say yes, but somehow, he still doubted if he would. Eden was unpredictable, and he loved that, but he was kind too.

"Really? Great!" Tadashi replied.

Eden let out a small sound. It was a little laugh that left Tadashi silently hoping for another, but he hung up and he knew he'd see him within the hour.

About forty minutes later, there was someone at the door and he went to get it.

"Hi," he said. It was awkward when their eyes met. He hadn't seen him in a while.

"Hey," Eden replied then cleared his throat. He was probably nervous, but Tadashi couldn't tell for sure. "So can I come in?"

"Huh?" Tadashi was pulled from his wandering thoughts and he realized he should let him in. "Yeah, of course."

     As he moved aside and let him enter, Eden brushed past his shoulder and he could have sworn it was intentional. He loved the contact, even it lasted for the shortest time possible.

    When he was finally inside, Tadashi shut the door and turned to him after taking a deep breath. This could be difficult for him after all.

"Where is he?" Eden asked with a wide smile, as if he was way too excited to see the child.

"Over here," Tadashi said while leading him to where he'd left Mikhail watching cartoons.

    His eyes were glued to the screen before his attention was shifted to Tadashi. He watched him move out of the way as he revealed Eden behind him.

    It was only for a fraction of a second, but he could readily swear he saw Mikhail's eyes light up.

    Eden was there in a heartbeat. He looked as their hug turned into spinning several times with the boy in his arms. Tadashi couldn't help but chuckle a little.

     If there was anything the little boy felt, he knew he was blown away by Eden, completely enamored by him, as much as he didn't show it.

    He took Eden's overnight bag and left him with Mikhail. Right after he dropped it in their room, Tadashi decided to get back to finishing his work.

    It was all going smoothly, except for one thing. The only problem was that he couldn't.

     It felt like he was being tested. It was difficult to even understand what was on his screen while knowing Eden was just in the next room. In the next room making cute sounds.