Skating

Y/N began on his normal stretches as he waited for his coach to come. He pulled himself into a standing splits and held his toes. When his leg came down there was a crash and in came his coach tumbling into the room. Y/N's brows scrunched at the sight of the struggling adult.

"You Alright Mr Dream?"
"Yeah, just keep stretching."
"Alright."

In a rink on another part of the world a tall male was gliding on the ice. His figure was thin and graceful. Two older males sat on the bench working on his routine. One was blonde with a wing piercing and the other was a pinkette with thick glasses on the bridge of his nose.

"Ranboo! If we want to win first place this year you have to be more careful. Be softer on the turns and faster on the toe loops."
"Yes sir!"

Following one of his coachs' advice he had a better toe loop. The blonde called out for him to tuck in more during spins. This caused him to lose balance and fall over from the sudden yell. He should of been used to it by now but it still would throw him off guard. Techno, the pinkette, hit his father's arm and continued giving praise with criticism. Phil, the blonde, would randomly call things out that would get fixed automatically. Finishing the routine for the third time Ranboo slid over to them and reached out for his water bottle that they offered him. He softly took and took a few big gulps.

"Phil, please try to not scare me as much."
"Sorry, it's a force of habit from training him. The only way to get him to listen was to do that."
"Just a heads up. Could one of you grab me the snack I packed?"
"Uh, yeah. Here you go."
"Thank you Techno. How much do I have to fix?"
"Not much, just the axel jump."
"That's good. Should I do it again or should we take a break."
"Let's run it one more time, see if we can fix it. Don't forget we have a flight soon."

As Ranboo went back to the middle Y/N was quickly gliding on the ice, of his skating rink. His coach yelled for him to go faster. He did and lost control crashing to the wall. By this point he had a few bruises made from impacts before that one.

"Alright! Get up Y/N, we have to practice!"
"That was way too fast! What mad you think that was okay?"
"You're fine. Shake it off."
"Just, let me do a run through without you yelling and then we can change things."

Dream reluctantly agreed and Y/N ran through it perfectly. Dream was amazed but wanted even more out of him. He started point out things that could be changed or better instead of giving positives. The first competition of the season would be soon and Y/N was struggling to keep up with his first place streak. He had to often up his game making him try for things that were almost causing him harm to his body. To him it was normal since his parents had been training him for eleven years. He first put on skates when he was only five. He needed almost no help from his parents and had fun while playing on the ice. A year later they started signing him up for skating training. When he was ten he started working with Dream so he grew up pushing his body almost past it's limits.

"Dream, can we please take a break. I feel like I'm going to die."
"You won't die, another one then you can have a drink of water."
"Okay, I can do this."

Y/N took off again this time he took less of Dream's advice and did it how he thought would be less harmful. He was right and when someone walked close to the beginning they were immediately mesmerised. They smiled and stood next Dream, their skates in hand. The boy on the ice smoothly glided across the cold surface as he was able to put a little feeling into it unlike how it usually was during practice. When he finished the person clapped for him causing him to tumble over.

"Oh, hi Tommy! Glad you made it."
"It's pog you get to do this
Y/N."
"But what you do is so cool man. Like, you get to run around with a camera and people don't look at you like a tool. Never mind on that last part, that's a shared thing."
"Yeah, it tough for us both."
"Get your skates on. It's time for me to break anyways."
"Poggers! I'll be right back!"