Part 2- Don't do that to me again

Bucky and Samantha searched the apartment in panic. They were the only ones there. Until they checked the closet. There was a terrible stench coming from it. When Bucky opened it he found a trash bag. They opened it to find dismembered limbs, severed body parts, a head. The face- the nanny. Samantha screamed in horror.

Bucky called Steve, the two were in tears as they spoke to him.

When Steve and Sam arrived at the building there were police surrounding it. Samantha and Bucky were sitting on the couch explaining everything to the officers. Samantha lay in Bucky's arms, trying to hold back the tears that had already leaked. The police wouldn't let Sam and Steve inside so Steve had to use his last resort.

"I'm Captain America."

"Prove it" said the officer

"Well I don't exactly have my shield on me right now-"

"Then I have no proof"

"Sam- Sam go get the shield."

"Where is it? And why do I have to get it?" Sam asked

"Just because! And it's in the car." Steve exclaimed

"Why, because the "adults" are talking?"

"Yah just go get it"

"Okay fine grandpa!" Sam said in a joking and annoyed tone. Sam got the shield out of the car and looked at the piece of vibranium in awe. It shined in the streetlights. As he walked towards them they stood in silence. Sam handed the shield over to Steve.

"Proof enough?" Steve asked. The officer's jaw dropped.

"Could I get an autograph? I-I I mean my son is a huge fan!" He asked

"Jerry you don't have a son" said another officer.

"Do you not remember why we are here?" Said Sam to Steve. The two ran inside to Bucky.

Winter's POV:
Sound- people talking
Sight- lights, many people wearing white
Touch- a rattle in hand, cold air
Smell- antiseptic

Fast forward

When the autopsy came back a week later they said
"Sorry but there is no baby in this bag."

Even further

They had been looking for Winter but the avengers could never find her. The police closed the case. Everyone had given up, thought it was a lost cause.

Samantha went into a depression and stopped going to work. She ended up in a lot of debt and couldn't afford to live in the apartment anymore. She later moved in with Bucky at the compound.

One day Bucky had gotten out of the shower and found Samantha sitting on his bed. She sat there with a gun in her mouth. Bucky ran over to her. He wiped the tears from her cheek and took the gun from her grasp. She was shaking. Bucky, who was still in his towel and wet, wrapped his arms around her.

"I know, she was your everything. Please- just don't do that again."

"She was my only thing that I had when I lost you, and we still have know idea where she is, or even if she's alive-" said Samantha. She started to sob as she tightened her grip around Bucky.

"I know, I miss her too. I can't loose you too okay, so please don't do that to me again. If she still is alive then you'll want to be there with her, once we find her." A tear fell down Bucky's cheek. The two of them stayed there for a couple minutes.

It had been about 2 and a half years since Winter's disappearance. In those years Bucky and Samantha got married and later had a son, which they named James jr.

Nobody forgot about her, but they tried to put baby Winter in the past. But what they didn't know is that she was alive, she was waiting, they were waiting, they were watching, she was ready.

Thank you for reading part 2 of Hydra's Puppets! The next part will be coming out soon! I hope you enjoyed!

•Addison•