1

It all started 12 years ago when I met Carter Edwards, we locked eyes on the bus one time after school and we coincidentally saw each other every day after that. Carter went to the school two roads away from mines. His school was full of posh, spoilt white kids whereas mines were ghetto and had a bad reputation for a lot of things that you don't even want to know. I attended St Marys all-girls school in the heart of Addersfield, and Carter attend Addersfield performing arts & media school.

(A/N: all locations in this story are made up)

Carter and I were very different in many ways, I was the loud, ghetto black girl who attended the worst school in the borough and he was your average rich white boy who had the best grades possible and attended one of the best schools in the whole city. Growing up, I came from a very strict Nigerian background with two older brothers and my younger sister, we never grew up like Carter. He was fed from a spoon his whole life whereas my family and I had to work ten times harder for everything we wanted.

Despite our different backgrounds and upbringings, Carter never allowed that to affect our relationship up until now. You see the thing about Carter's family is that they want him to follow down the traditional root and fall in love with a fully English girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. My family don't mind us being together. The only thing that matters to them is if I'm happy and I'm more than happy. However, the only issue is that his family are still struggling to accept the fact that their little sweetheart is in a relationship with a girl like me. It's beginning to do my head in and all his family do is nag at him every day, morning and night. All I can do Is laugh and carry on with my day because stress is something that I don't associate with. Stress? Who's that I've never heard of her, she must be new?

Anyway, me and Carter live happily in a semi-detached house with our two year old daughter Kimberly Ajayi-Edwards. She is beautiful and resembles the both of us pretty well. She carries my small chinky brown orbs, Carter's small button nose and his perfectly arched eyebrows, and she has tight curls that reach her shoulders. She was born with a lot of hair on her head and I'm guessing that she inherited it from me since I've always had long hair from a very young age.

I have so much more that I could say but I'll end up ruining the story so I'll let you guys continue reading. Don't want to reveal too much so prepare yourselves now because this is going to be one hell of a rollercoaster.

~itssteebabyy🇬🇧
Opinions?