one

Huh...where the hell am I...

I woke up in a room full of some random people who seemed to be just as confused as me. But before we had time to think, some masked guys came in.

"I would like to extend a heartfelt welcome to you all. Everyone here will participate in six different games over six days. Those who win all six games will receive a handsome cash prize." One of them spoke.

"And why should we believe that? Y-You took all our stuff and put us to sleep coming here, and then you brought us to this strange warehouse. Now you’re saying you’ll pay us if we go and play a few games? You really expect us to buy that?" A random guy besides me said.

"We reluctantly took all of those measures to maintain confidentiality as we brought you here. We’ll return everything once the games are over."

"You all… you all have masks. Why are you wearing those things?"

"We do not disclose the faces and personal information of our staff to any of the participants. It’s a measure we take to ensure fair games and confidentiality. Please understand."

"Well, I don’t believe you one bit. You got that? You tricked us. We were kidnapped. You can make as many excuses as you want to make sure nobody knows you broke the law in here. If you’re going to make up for that, then we’re gonna need something more." A pretty attractive guy with glasses spoke up.

And he did make a fair point to be honest. All of this seems so sketchy.

"Player 218, Cho Sang-woo. Age, 46 years. Former team leader of Team Two at Joy Investments. Siphoned money off from his clients’ balances, then invested it in derivatives and futures options and failed. Current loss, 650 million won."

Well....we all have a bad side don't we.

"107, Kim Mi-ok, 540 million in debt."

"118, Oh Yeong-uk, 1.02 billion in debt."

"322, Jung Min-tae, 880 million in debt."

"119, No Sang-hun, 1.39 billion in debt."

"369, Park Ju-un, 900 million in debt."

Phew thank God he didn't mention me. That would have been so embarrassing.

"Every person standing here in this room is living on the brink of financial ruin. You all have debts that you can’t pay off."

"When we first went to see each of you, not a single one of you trusted us.
But as you all know, we played a game,
and as we promised, gave you money when you won. And suddenly, everyone here trusted us. You called and volunteered to participate in this game of your own free will. So this is it."

"I’ll give you one last chance to choose. Will you go back to living your old and depressing lives getting chased by your creditors? Or will you act and seize this last opportunity we’re offering here?"

"Hey! Which games are we playing here?"

"In order to play fair, we cannot disclose any information about the games ahead of time."

"If we win, just how much do we get?"

"Your prize money will be accumulated in there after every game. We will disclose the amount to everyone after the first game is over. If you do not wish to participate, then please let us know at this time."

We just have to play a few games. How hard can that be.

"Attention everyone, the first game is Green Light, Red Light." A woman's voice said.