029: The Village We Grew Up On

Hinari went back to the arena after she cooled down, she looked at the current match and witnessed Shikamaru fighting the Sand's only girl, Temari.

"Isn't Sasuke's match before Shika's? Did duckbutt won, or what?" She questioned, Naruto turned to her and said nothing; he was still in daze after everything he found out earlier.

"Are they really twins...?" He stupidly looked at Hinari, making the girl sigh. She flicked Naruto's forehead, that earned her a whine.

"Stop staring, I am not Hinata."

The whiskered brat could only stare at her saddened eyes, she was looking down towards Shikamaru's direction before she lifted up a relief smile. "You don't have to worry about me, my Neji-nii is back. I'm happy."

"Sasuke's match was move to the last, he hasn't arrived yet. The guy from Hidden sand forfeit, so now Shikamaru's fighting with the other kid from the sand." Shino explained to them, wanting to join— and create a conversation.

"Man, I thought I'd miss Sasuke's match. Thanks Shino." Hinari grinned, Shino could only nod before they turn their attention to Shikamaru.

He was just sitting there, trying to think of a plan to defeat Temari.

"Fighting is such a drag." He could only complain inside his thoughts as he slowly opened his eyes.

"DO YOUR BEST SHIKA!!!!" Hinari cheered

Shikamaru watch as Hinari jump up and down from the bleachers, that made him feel embarrassed.

"Why is she here now, what a drag."

Temari smirked and cocked her head. "What now shadow guy? Getting more pressured now that your girl crush is watching you?"

Shikamaru sighed and stood up. "First of all, I have a name. Second of all, I don't feel pressured." he threw paper bomb to remove himself from her sight and hide in the shadows to remove his jacket and tied it on his kunai to act as a parachute and a shadow for his technique. He threw two kunai from different direction as a diversion as Temari went to dodge those.

"Buying time for sun huh." Temari scoffed

"I won't let you." she continued

But what she didn't notice is that the handmade parachute he threw earlier was starting to land and creating a shadow.

"Temari!! Look up!" Kankuro warned

By that, she looked up and finally saw the parachute. As the shadow formed, Shikamaru merged his shadows on that shadow and drove Temari to the place he wanted her to be.

Temari opened her fan and smirked. 'I figured it out.'

She thrust her fan on the ground to cover herself and to weave a sign, though, when she was about near the finish for her clone jutsu, she wasn't able to move.

"He caught her! He caught her!" Naruto jumped up and down from excitement

"Meeh— He'll give up for sure." Hinari shrugged, she knows him better than anyone else in that arena. Out of all people, she knows how he thinks. She was certain he'll give up, he is Shikamaru, after all.

When Shikamaru walked, so did Temari who was controlled by the shadow. Both raised their hands. An irk mark appeared on the male's forehead and spoke.

"That's it, I'm done. I give up." Shikamaru announced

Hinari laughed. "Figures." she crossed her arms and smiled.

"SHIKAMARU YOU IDIOT!!!!" Naruto scolded

'Why?" Temari asked