Chapter 1

[This is after Kuma appeared in Thriller bark and Zoro is still unconscious.]

Chopper was always by Zoro's side but that night after partying for the whole day, everyone was exhausted and had fallen asleep except for Sanji and Chopper. Both of them were sitting next to Zoro's bed. Sanji noticed that Chopper was trying hard to stay awake to take care of his patient. "Chopper, you can go to sleep now. I will keep an eye on him. If something happens I'll immediately wake you up so don't worry. "- said Sanji. Chopper replied, "oh Sanji... Okay then call me if anything happens." Sanji nodded with a smile. Chopper too fell asleep. Sanji looked at Zoro, whom he had never seen in such a state before. He recalled the incident with Kuma. Mind troubled by various thoughts, Sanji laid his head down by that of Zoro's. Slowly he brushed Zoro's hair with his fingers and muttered, "you're such a reckless moron... "

[After a few days Sunny had disembarked the island.]

It was the first evening on Sunny after the Straw Hats had left Thriller bark. Most of them were having a chat as they sat by the aquarium. Sanji was preparing dinner and Zoro was sleeping in the watch tower.

(Zoro's p.o.v.)
* yawns * Luffy and the others are so noisy. Well anyway I think I will go get a snack and some sake or something.

(No p.o.v.)
Zoro reached the kitchen where the cook was washing dishes. He paused to get a proper glance of him. Both of them always knew that they were not just nakamas but couldn't quite make out what else they could be...
"Oi cook, you  got something to eat?",  said Zoro. "Oh you woke up. Wait for a few minutes", said Sanji in a calm manner. These few minutes were enough for them to remember what had happened with Kuma.
After having the delicious food, Zoro went towards the sink where Sanji was and kept his plate. He stood behind Sanji for sometime and all of a sudden he said,"You're in no place to call me reckless when you were about to do the same thing." Surprised, Sanji only replied, "You were awake,huh?" Zoro not paying heed to the question said, "however, you were more pathetic." "What did you say?" Sanji shouted. Sanji's thoughts were jumbling up in his head. That day when he had came back to his senses and saw that Zoro was about to sacrifice his life for the crew, he had felt a fear like the one he had when he and Zeff were starved and waited desperately for a ship. The only thought that came to his mind at that time was "that shitty swordsman can't die", "I can't let him die" and then everything he did was guided by his instinct. He was still standing with his back towards Zoro. Several emotions burdened his mind all at once. And at the same time Zoro shouted, "You were more pathetic because you don't value yourself! "Sorry .. you all will have to find a new cook", you think you are so easily replaceable? That we can find another cook with combat skills on your level? That there exists another man with curly eyebrows who goes after women all the time? That I can find another cook who calls me a marimo!!!" (<--* extremely loud*). This was it. Sanji couldn't handle the intense emotions anymore. Zoro had calmed down and noticed that the cook was shaking a bit. Worried and surprised, Zoro put his hand on Sanji's shoulder and turned him.  Sanji was crying. Tears rolling down his pale cheeks. He was crying like a kid. "Damn it" was all Sanji could say. Zoro hadn't expected him to cry.  He put his hand on Sanji's head and tried to calm him as he pulled him in a hug. Sanji cried, "I didn't want to lose you bastard!.. and I couldn't think of doing anything else" and he continued crying. Zoro patted his head when Sanji said, still crying,"if it meant saving you and the rest, I thought it was okay for me to die." Zoro closed his eyes and replied, "you think I would let you die so easily?" He then slowly pulled Sanji's head towards his. Surprised, Sanji stopped crying momentarily as he couldn't or rather not tried to think of what Zoro was about to do. Zoro did not understand either but he couldn't fight the sudden intense urge. As he was about to place his lips on Sanji's, Sanji only called his name in a questioning tone and then was pulled into a passionate kiss. Sanji couldn't believe what was happening but he still held onto Zoro as tightly as possible. Neither of them were able to think clearly but they continued anyway. After quite sometime, they came back to their senses and broke away as soon as they heard Luffy screaming, "Sanji, I'm hungry!"

~~~~