Heart

Music:

Screaming Trees "Look At You"
Queensryche "Silent Lucidity"
Kip Winger "Smoking Gun"
The Stooges "Down On The Street"

⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤

San Francisco, California

One night at a local bar, four young ladies are laughing together as they have cocktails. A middle-aged man with dark hair approaches them.

"Hey, Maddie." The man smiles at one of the women. "Listen, I hate to pull you away, but I'm gonna need you to come back to the office with me."

The young brunette, Madison, turns to face her co-worker, Nate Mulligan. "Really?" She asks, not noticing the smirks on her friends' faces.

"Yeah. Turns out I've gotta file those docs by midnight --"

"Midnight?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna need you to, um..." He notices the smile on her face, realizing that his attempt to flirt with her is failing. "This isn't working at all, is it?"

Madison laughs, shaking her head, "No, it's not, Nate."

"Listen, I've had a couple. I shouldn't really drive. Could you just give me a lift --"

"I already called a cab." She smiles up at him. "I'll see you in the morning."

As Nate walks away, Madison turns back to her friends. The four immediately start cracking up.

"That happen a lot?" One of her friends asks.

"Only on the days that end with a 'y'." Madison laughs as she scans the room, spotting a surly-looking man in a leather jacket sitting at a table across the bar, a serious expression on his face as he stares back at her.

She stops smiling and looks uncomfortable, something that her friend notices. "You okay?"

Madison looks back at her friend to reassure that everything's fine. However, when she looks again at the man, he isn't there anymore. "I've gotta go."

She quickly walks out to her car. Hearing a crashing noise behind her, she stops to look, but sees nothing. When she reaches her car, she drives away, unaware of the man following behind her, keeping his eyes on her.

The next morning in the office building, Madison fills her coffee pot at the water cooler. She stops when she notices blood on the door to Nate's office. Full of curiosity, she approaches the door and pushes it open.

A trail of blood on the rug leads to the desk, where Nate's body is lying. His entire chest has been ripped apart, leaving blood everywhere. Screaming at the sight in front of her, Madison drops the coffee pot, shattering it to pieces.

⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤