Chapter 32

The dark purple sky was filled with golden sparkles. The moon shared her light with the whole world, and the calming wind stayed by her side.

Ansela stared at the silver moonlight and the shadows of tall trees fell on the road. Arimia shot looks at her sometimes but drove the car keeping silent.

"How did he know?" Ansela finally broke the silence.

"Who knows what?"

"Nothing." Ansela sighed.

Arimia lifted an eyebrow. "Are you really okay?" She touched Ansela's hand softly. "You don't seem so?"

"I am. I am really fine."

Turning her head forward, Arimia sighed. "Do you know something, Ansela? Rather than keeping everything inside your head, it would be better if you tell a few things to a close and trustworthy person."

"But when the only close and the trustworthy one had left me, then to whom should I speak?"

Arimia blinked a few times and sucked air around her. Gazing out of the window, Ansela leaned against the seat.

"If you think you can trust me, you can say anything to me." Arimia broke down the barrier of silence building between them.

Ansela sighed. "I trust you, but..."

"But?"

"Nothing."

Arimia stopped the car at the wayside and Ansela turned to her. "Why did you sto-"

Saying nothing, Arimia sent her hands around Ansela. Her warmth calmed Ansela's mind faster than the sandalwood smoke. Obeying to that warmth, Ansela closed her eyes and rested her head on Arimia's shoulder. Arimia's fingers ran through Ansela's hair softly.

Neither of them knew how long they stayed like that. Also, They did not want to know that. As they broke the hug, both had turned scarlet.

"Thank you," Ansela whispered, lifting her eyes. "I feel much better now."

Arimia turned even more scarlet. "No thanks or sorries between... um... us."

*     *     *

"Why did we stop here?" Ansela asked, turning her eyes to the motel.

"Come." Arimia jumped out of the car and opened the door to Ansela to get down. She hold Ansela tight and leaned her against her body.

"I can walk." Ansela tried to get away from her.

"Don't be so stubborn. And your injury needs to be healed soon. Remember what did the master say?"

"I remember everything."

"This Powder should be put into your injury to speed up the healing process and your injury needs to clean. We can't do it in the car. That's why I decided to come here." She rang the bell. The loud, sharp, jingle broke the peaceful silence in the night, spreading around. But no sound came up from the other side.

Ansela and Arimia shared a look. Arimia rang the bell a few times. A sound of heavy footsteps came up from the other side. With a creak, the big wooden door opened and a short, fat, figure was standing before them. From the light of the candle on his hand, his face shone.

"We are really sorry to wake you up at this time. But we need a room." Arimia spoke, her voice filled with politeness.

"It's okay, child. Why are you still standing out? come in." The man moved away from the door, letting them enter.