Chapter One

Cassie's POV

"Welcome year twelves to the hardest two years of your life." Stephanie Harlequin boomed through the microphone to the fourty five people I sat amongst. "Each of you have earned your place here in this very auditorium. Congratulations, you are the lucky few out of the three hundred applicants. In the Foyer, you will find tables, alphabetised by surname, you will line up at the correct table, and recieve an envelope. This envelope will contain your room of residence if you are a border, a copy of your schedule, and a booklet of additional studies you may wish to participate in." I sat there, my nerves at an all time high. Since I was a little girl, I'd dreamed of going to Harlequin, and now, at the age of sixteen, I'd finally made it.

As the congregation shuffled out of the door, I looked for the letter 'T' on the signs around me, at the far end of the room, I saw a young lady - with excellent posture - sat on a small table with a number of brown envelopes on top, behind her was a sign saying 'O-U' I trotted along in line with everyone else and waited patiently. As I approached the lady, she smiled brightly, "What is your name?" She chimed.

"Cassie. Sorry, Cassandra Thomas." She sifted through the envelopes.

"Thomas. Here we go, have a wonderful time Cassie!" She said as I left the table.

Following the general flow of people into a courtyard, I tore open my envelope and sat on a small wooden bench under an oak tree. I flicked through the pages, a map (I'd be needing that very soon!); my dorm room - room 7, which happens to be my lucky number, in Silbury House; a booklet which I'd decided to read later; and most importantly, my schedule.

My lessons consisted of Drama, Music, Singing, Contemporary Dance, Lyrical Jazz, Musical Theatre and Tap, spread over five days. I pulled out my map, and located Silbury House, and headed for it.

Opening the door to number seven, I stepped in to my dorm. There were boxes containing my belongs in a corner, next to a larger stack of pink boxes towering high. There were two beds, both double, on either side of the wall, and a window in between. The floor was a warm beech and the walls were an off white. There were empty shelves and two desks. I plopped down on the bed furthest from the door and stared at the wall. This is the first time I'd been away from home, and realisation was sinking in quickly.

I set out to unpacking my boxes. Putting pictures from home up, my laptop on the desk in front of my bed, clothes in the wardrobe, boxes on the shelves. As I got down to my last box, the door clicked open.

In walked the prettiest girl I'd ever seen. She had blonde curls down to her waist, bright blue eyes, rosy cheeks, and never ending legs. "Hiya, are you Cassandra?" She chirped.

"Cassie." I smiled broadly, "I'm sorry, I don't know your name."

"Evelyn Jackson, but you can call me Evie." She said throwing her bag on her bed and sitting crossed legged on it. "What are you doing?"

"Unpacking, sooner it's done, the quicker I can relax!"

She chuckled, "I meant lesson wise silly!"

"Oh," my cheeks reddened, "My schedule's over there." I pointed to my desk and she scanned my schedule.

"Impressive. You're a triple threat. Singing, dancing and acting."

"I guess? What do you do?"

"Act." She she opened a box of clothes and started hanging them up. "I do a little music as well, but my main focus is Drama. I'm doing three different drama courses."

"Ooh, sounds exciting! Do you want to be on stage or in a film?"

"Film, you?"

"Stage, I'm not glamorous enough!" She laughed and we carried on getting to know each other for an hour until we heard an announcement stating that there was to be a dinner for students at seven in the banquet hall. The dress code was formal.

Evelyn and I decided to go and explore the campus a little before it got dark. It was larger than I had expected, there were four 'houses' that the boarders lived in; a building for academic learning - for those in year seven to eleven - for compulsory study; a grand library stocked with textbooks, plays and novels; a theatre bigger than the one back home, and numerous studios and music rooms dotted everywhere. Harlequin was like a small little village.

When Evie and I returned to our room, we set to deciding what to wear, I decided on a sleeveless, collared blue chiffon dress, black tights and a pair of black boots. Evie wore a burgandy laced skater dress and the most incredible gold heels. I let my chocolate hair hang loose in soft curls and went for a natural make-up of soft golds and a lip balm, but going heavy on the mascara. Evie was more eccentric going for smoky silver and red lips.

"Cassie, come here." She ordered. I did as she said and walked to her. She layered my lips with red lipstick and smiled, "Much better." We grabbed our bags and left for the banquet hall.

Walking in we found our name cards next to each other on the same table. We took our seats and I sipped my water. Next to me a boy sat down, he had dusty gold hair, and twinkling hazel eyes. He smiled and poured some water. "William Pyres. Or just Will." He smiled and stretched his hand.

"Cassandra Thomas. Or just Cassie." I took his hand and shook it firmly.

"Pleasure to meet you just Cassie." He winked.

"You too just Will." I laughed and turned back to Evie. We stood together, and got our food, I picked up a Caesar salad, and Evie got a Mediterranean chicken pasta. We tucked in as a glass chimed signalling a speech. We all went silent as we listened to the principal thank us for joining her for dinner, and to wish us luck. When she sat down we turned and set back to our food. I made aimless chatter with all of the people on the table but mainly Will and Evie.

Dinner ended at around quarter to nine, and Will accompanied Evie and I out of the hall. "Which house are you in?" He asked

"Silbury." Evie smiled.

"I'm in Redgate, that across the courtyard from you. I'll walk you back if you'd like?"

"Okay." Evie replied for the both of us.

We walked down the cobbled path, Evie wobbling each step in her heels, clinging on to Will tightly when we reached Silbury, we said our goodbyes to Will and walked inside.

In our room we got ready for bed and set to getting sleep. I slowly nodded of quietly.

"Psst, psst!" I flashed open my eyes. "Cassie are you awake?" Evie whispered.

"I am now." I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Did you think Will was into me?" She asked.

"Go to sleep, I have a eight o'clock class tomorrow!

*********************

A/N

Hiya!

Thought I'd get something else out there for when I lose track of ideas for Elemental and It's Complicated.

Anyway, I've got parts written from this from creative writing at school, so I thought I'd make it a whole thing.

Love you all!