Chapter 1 - Meeting Jack

So, it started out like every other cliché romance: It was an average day, in an average town, in an average school. But one thing was different - I'm not average. Know what? Forget that.
Anyways, I was walking down the hall, like normal, and I opened my locker, like normal. I had Phys Ed for first period, so I grabbed my gym clothes. And I changed, like normal. I walked on into the gym, and was greeted by my friends: Merida, a first Scottish girl with crazy hair and a love for ribs, and my cousin, Punzie, who had never cut her hair, and had to braid her braids to keep her hair up - like normal. We had badminton, so I picked up the racket, and reached for a birdie out of the bucket. Then I turned my head slightly, and saw a boy with messy brown hair and a big smile, laughing with two other boys. I don't think I've ever seen him before. But he is cute. I feel my hand grow cold, and look at it. Not again, I think. Not at school! I calm myself down, remembering what my dad once told me. Panicking will only make it worse, sweetheart. Think of something nice. So that's what I do. My hand grows warmer. Thank God, I think. I see the boy staring at me. I catch his eye for a second, then look away. I come back to earth, and hear Coach Andrews yelling. "Alright! Partners for badminton!" She begins reading through the list. Punzie and Thames, the math geek. Merida and I. The new boy and - wait, why am I thinking about him? Anyways, we played badminton. Merida won more games than me, but that's because I was staring at the new boy most of the time.
So P.E. ended, and I went to my locker. I check my schedule; I have Science, then Math. Eww, my two least favourite subjects. I notice somebody walk up next to me. I turn. Oh my God, no. It's him. It's the new boy. And he is beside me. Right now. "Hey. I'm Jack, I'm new here. Do you know where the math room is?" He opens the locker next to me, and pulls out two binders. They're both labeled. One says math, and one says... science. Oh god, no! I think. "Oh, I'm going there too. Just, uh, follow me," I hear myself say. "Okay," he says, leaning against the locker beside me, which is, unfortunately, his. "You know, you're pretty," he says, smirking a little. He's flirting. Oh my f**king God, he. Is. Flirting. And he's flirting with me. With me! I bounce back to earth. "Thanks..?" I turn, and walk down the hall towards the math room. I am vaguely aware of Jack's footsteps behind me. I walk through the door, and go to the last desk inn,the back. Jack has no choice but to sit up front. "Guess what, kids?" Ms. Thomson says. "POP QUIZ!" Ugh, could this day get worse? I ask myself.
Atleast, well, it didn't.

Author's Note:
Hi! I'm Moira!
So, here's my first actual fanfic. Is it bad?