Halloween fun - Halloween 2021

You had seen Carlisle a week before. You'd wrestled Emmett and dislocated your arm from your shoulder to your fingertips. Rosalie had carried you into the hospital while you wailed and catterwaled. Emmett followed closely behind, looking sheepish and also wailing, between every noise you made.

"(Y/N)." Carlisle said as he came to a stop at the bed you were sitting on. He looked at Bella who was very fascinated with a spot on the ceiling. Carlisle chuckled and looked over your chart. "Injured leg, needs an x-ray... swelling..."

"We were having Halloween fun like you said. We built a massive pile of pumpkins and Seth jumped over them, only her can jump further than we realised and we... were next to a really steep hill... clif... thing." As you spoke Carlisle slowly looked over the edge of the chart. At Bella, who still wasn't meeting his eye, then at you who was looking rather sheepish.

"This isn't what I meant by Halloween spirit." Carlisle muttered. He had told you, after patching you up, to get some rest and find the Halloween spirit. "Seth, he's alright? I assume he collided with you."

"Yeah, he held up nice. He carried me back to Bella's car... we haven't told Rosalie though." You answered quickly. As if she had timed it perfectly Rosalie yanked the curtain back, you jumped and made a small noise in surprise as she seemed to appear from nowhere.

"You're probably going to miss out on Halloween." Carlisle warned as he inspected your leg. He looked up when you laughed a little.

"Oh no. I'll miss out on all the spooky things like vampires and werewolves and vampires eating people. What a shame." You said sarcastically. Rosalie tutted next to you but Carlisle chuckled.

"It made a pretty loud noise... if that helps... so loud." Bella said, finally saying something.

"Yes, well. It would have done, it looks to be broken. We should get you fixed up right away, but it shouldn't be anything too complicated to get you all healed up." Carlisle answered. He smiled when Bella let out a sigh of relief that immediately stiffened up when Rosalie shot her a glare.

"So I'll be able to eat that candy stuff that Esme makes for Halloween?" You asked quickly. He laughed and nodded.

"Yes. You'll be fine." He smiled and then turned to Rosalie and muttered to her. "They'll have to go up to surgery to get this looked at, the painkillers they were given might wear off sooner and the bone seems to be healing rapidly but incorrectly so... you may have to... stay here and re break it." Rosalie nodded and he informed you that he would be back to check on you as soon as your leg was fixed up before being called away by a nurse.

"You think they'll start giving me a rewards card for coming in here so much?" You asked as an awkward silence started to build between Bella who was violently blushing and Rosalie who was clearly furious that you'd been injured again.