The War-ready No4 (16 June 1967)

I can't believe Gordon just pulled in beside us with scratches all over him as well as what looks like war paint underneath his eyes made out of his coal and a scar across his right eye

Robert his driver told us they where just departing from Knapford when the attack happened. Gordon was to pull the express 5 minutes after Henry's train departed. Gordon also saw the planes and the falling grenade, when the explosion happened the passengers went mad and scrambled into the coaches like it was every man for themselves. Gordon and him took off immediately after every one had got on board and shot down the line in an attempt to get to somewhere safe but were diverted on to Edward's branch they then saw Edward with empty trucks going the opposite direction being chased down by one of the planes.

 Gordon and him took off immediately after every one had got on board and shot down the line in an attempt to get to somewhere safe but were diverted on to Edward's branch they then saw Edward with empty trucks going the opposite direction being c...

I can only hope to god he got away. Gordon and Robert headed straight to Brendam docks but when they got there it was completely destroyed, they reversed back down the line to Wellsworth. Gordon, Robert and his fireman Evan slept in the goods shed outside the station and have started looking for survivors this morning.

We decide to join Gordon and his crew on their search, we got ourselves turned around and got going. 

We didn't find anyone until we got to Elsbridge half of the station building was destroyed, we then saw two buffers poking out of the goods shed which had collapsed, me, Taylor, Robert and Evan got one corner of the roof each and lifted it up, what or should I say who we found in there shocked us.