Love like Lightening

I walked back into the cabin after Penny decided to take a stroll in the woods and maybe explore the town below the mountain. But I knew she was just giving Nora and I some time alone. Or at least giving me the chance to fix things with my wife.

I quietly shut the door and found Nora sniffing up tears as she did the dishes. She wore a cute little apron around herself and her hair was up in a messy bun. Her hair has grown longer since I first met her. It was beautiful. She was beautiful. Since the first day I met her.

I gently slipped out of my boots and tended to the fire. One of the logs began to topple onto the hearth so I quickly grabbed it, burning myself in the process, so as to not make any noise. My hand stung and my stupid hiss in pain got my wife's attention.

She turned towards the fireplace and we made eye contact. She rubbed her face on her shoulder then turned back to the sink. I softly walked over to her and felt her body go tense. I reached my hand out to the faucet and she stopped all her work. I switched the water to cold then stuck my hand under it. Nora stood there awkwardly as she was careful not to make physical contact with me. Once I felt my hand was better I grabbed a towel and began drying off my hands, having turned the water back to hot. I stepped away from the counter and Nora stepped back in front of it and went back to doing the dishes.

I leaned against the counter and watched her finish one last plate. She placed it on the drying rack then began drying off her own hands. She went to walk away but I grabbed her wrist and yanked her towards me.

Without saying a word, I pulled her to my stomach. "I love you, Nora." I said into her hair on her head. She wrapped her arms around my waist and the tears burst from her eyes once more.

"I'm sorry, Red!" She cried. "I should have told you everything! I didn't know, though, that they could tell I was pregnant! I didn't! I swear!"

"Shhhh, it's okay." I rubbed her back and kept shhhing her. "It's okay. I'm sorry ... for my reaction." I lifted her onto my hips. "I am so happy for us." I softly smiled. She sadly smiled in return and I kissed her lips in hopes of making that smile not so sad.

"I love you, too, Red." We kissed again. I sat her onto the counter then placed my hand on her chubby belly. Then I heard it. The baby's heartbeat. Nora noticed the reaction on my face and said, "I removed the spell." I kissed her tummy then nuzzled my face into her neck. I lifted her back up then carried her off to bed.

*****

"Okay, let's see the extent of your abilities." Penny said as we followed her outside the next day. "I know you're pregnant but with werewolf blood, you should be at your strongest."

We stopped and Penny turned around, folding her arms and sitting on a hip. Nora looked a little nervous as she lifted her hands and began to create some sort of ball of sparks and wisps. I'd never seen her do that before so I watched in awe. Actually, I always watched her in fascination any time she performed magic.

Nora's eyebrows squeezed together as her mouth contorted while she ground her teeth. Suddenly, I heard a clap of thunder and looked up to the once blue sky which was now full of dark and ominous rain clouds. My mouth fell open as I had not thought hard enough to think that my little wife could control the weather.

The orb of sparks and energy in her small hands was growing bigger and bigger, her face growing more and more ... in pain. Her eyebrows were now pleading for a release, tears were falling down her cheeks.

"Stop!" I demanded. Nora fell to the forest floor as her magic orb dissipated along with the storm in the sky. I knelt down and rubbed her back.

Penny frowned when I looked to her to glare. "I'm not very impressed, dear sister." She sighed. "I thought you would have more in you. But it seems you are too many years out of practice—" In a flash, puppet strings of lightening bolts burst through a sudden gathering of storm clouds and threw down on various parts of the forest. Penny flew for cover as a bolt of electricity shot the spot she was previous standing in. A tree caught on fire in the process.

I looked down at my smirking wife and squeezed her tight. "Baby, that was amazing!" I laughed. She huffed and I lifted her onto her feet. She still clung to me and I didn't mind one bit. If I have a wife as strong as her, then I will do anything to be the support she needs to stay that strong.

"Dang sista! Where did that come from?" Penny laughed as she patted dirt off her belly and knees. She looked to the tree that was burning and blew out the smoke as her mouth was shaped in an o. "Let me see some more!" Penny cheered.

Nora was breathing heavily. She shook her head and I came to her defense. "She's tired herself out. She needs rest before she tries anything more." Penny rolled her eyes and I guided my little Nory back inside the cabin.

"Thanks, baby." She said as she stumbled inside the front space of the house. All color was draining from her face. And her eyes were becoming more and more droopy.

"That really took a lot out of you," I dumbly said. She nodded as I helped her to bed. She plopped down and fell over until her head hit the pillows. I smiled and sat down beside her.

"Do you know what I did, honey?" I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I asked in return.

"I can't just create a storm out of thin air. I had to find a storm and bring it to me. The storm I grabbed was from Tennessee." My eyes widened as I thought of the distance.

"You were amazing out there, Nora." I leaned down and kissed her forehead. She hummed and I couldn't resist. "And really hot." I added. She giggled as I kissed her lips and then her cheek and then her neck.

"Oh Red," she moaned, "I don't understand what is happening to me. I feel as though my body has been starved of your lovin'. And I don't ever want you to stop."

"I think that's the baby's fault." She smiled in ecstasy and my heart melted. I nuzzled my nose in her neck and took in a good whiff of her. Her nails dug into my back. "I love you so much."

"Oh my ... goodness!" She moaned. "Man do I love you, wolfy." I chuckled then growled.

"That's either baby, honey, sweetie, or Red."

"Sorry Buddy."

"Yeah, that goes too."

"Just love me already, husband."

"I'll allow that one." I pulled her close and didn't get to start on my daily chores for another hour.