CHAPTER 1

Day 1. She walked into the cafeteria and she couldn't help but focus her eyes on him. 5'11, dark hair, blue jeans, white shirt, a gray plaid flannel, arm around a girl, surrounded by way too many people for his own good. "This is the cafeteria!" The principal said to her. Her being Riley Chase. Grade 11, junior, 17 medium dark hair, 5'6, and very much not listening to anything the principal is saying while he's literally touring her around the school that she will definitely get lost in. "You can get food over there, you can sit at any of the tables, just make sure you throw all your trash away, please. Riley? Riley?!" The principal waved his hand in front of her, making her snap out of her thoughts. "Huh? What?" You involuntarily reacted.

"Are you listening?" You nodded. "Are you sure?" She nodded again. "Okay, you can also eat at the lunch tables outside, classrooms if teachers allow it, on the floor, anywhere really! You should be old enough to know the difference between right and wrong by now. Just make sure if you aren't sure, ask someone first!" The principal said with a smile on his face. Why is he so energetic? You thought to yourself, she was not happy to be in this new school. "Quick question?"

"Hit me!"

"Who the fuck is that?" she asked, pointing at the boy your eyes were focused on.

"Language."

"What about it?" You looked at the principal. He sighed in disappointment knowing that swearing was normal for this generation.

"The boy in the middle?" you nodded. "That's Eric Rider. I'm sure you can tell but your typical definition of the popular playboy. Always surrounded by a bunch of people and alway with a new girl."

"Hm, interesting for you to say as a principal?" An awkward silence continued. Very. Awkward. Silence.

"Well, I'll leave you to it. If you have any other questions, stop by my office." He walked away. You were left standing there not knowing what to do until.

"Hey! Are you the new kid?" A girl with beautiful blonde hair, a Brandy Melville tank top, black Lulu leggings, white Air Forces, and accents of gold jewelry said to Riley.

"Um...yeah," She said awkwardly. Riley wasn't one to talk to the popular people. Think more hiding in the library during lunch or under the bleachers with her Airpods always in her ears playing music.

"The name's Lily, do you want to come sit with us?" Lily asked. Riley's initial thought was that she was WAY too nice for a popular girl but Riley had nothing to lose so...

"Sure!" She said, following Lily over to the table in the middle of the cafeteria.

"Hey everybody! This is- Wait, what's your name?" Lily said. That's embarrassing...

"Riley."

"This is Riley. Riley, this is everyone!" She said and whispered in your ear, "You don't need to know their names, I still don't know most of them." You gave her a thumbs up with an uncomfortable smile. The second Eric saw Riley, he immediately eyed Riley up and down. "Eric, right?" she said trying to not look uncomfortable that a guy she just met is looking her up and down.

"I'm sorry?" He replied snapping back into consciousness.

"Your name? It's Eric...right? Eric Rider I think?"

"Yes...How do you know that?" He asked suspiciously.

"Uh, the principal told me but um...could you stop staring at me please?"

"Oh don't flatter yourself, I have a girlfriend."

"Good...then you shouldn't be looking me up and down, right?" Riley said in a hesitant attitude.