CHAPTER 2

You got home and tried to find Axel on Instagram being very successful. @ax31cadd31 And then she tried to find Thomas through Axel's following. @notanierochild Frank Iero was the first thing Riley thought of when she saw his username, good to know he's not his child. She looked through his page, he's rustic and old school at heart. He likes going to the library (given all the pictures he has of him there), likes camping, and plays acoustic guitar in his free time. Riley DMed him.

@riley.chase: You sure you're not Frank Iero's child?

@notanierochild: So you found me?

@riley.chase: I have my ways ;)

@notanierochild: Yes, I can assure you my dad is not Frank Iero

@riley.chase: I guess you have to prove it to me one-day

@notanierochild: Then let's hang out sometime, you seem really cool!

@riley.chase: I'd like that

They ended the conversation there as Riley finished up her homework before hearing. "RILEY! DINNER!" her mom yelled. "I'M COMING!" she yelled back. She walked down the stairs and saw her mom, sitting at the table. Riley sat on the other side. "How's your first day of school?" Her mom asked.

"Fine."

"Did you get in a fight with anyone this time?

"No."

"Did you call anyone names this time?"

"No!"

"Did you steal anything this time?"

"Can we stop this? I'm at a new school for a reason. Can we leave all this behind us?" Riley's mom sighed and put her fork and knife down before answering.

"Your father would be so disappointed in you."
"Well he's dead, get over it."

"Then stop talking about it."
"You seem like the one who isn't over because you can't even address it."

"That's because while you were grieving, I was finding ways to keep us alive. Call that stealing. Call that fighting. Call that bullying. We would have lost our house without me.

"Yeah, like that's justifiable, I have to pay off all the debt anyways now."

"You would have had to pay either way-" Riley's mom slapped Riley in the face signaling that she's had enough.

"We are done talking, Riley."

"Oh please, we haven't even started," She said and then went back up to her room.

@eric_rider wants to message you a message on your phone showed. What does he want from me?! You thought in annoyance.

@eric_rider: Hi, I'm almost certain you know who I am already. Let's start over, we got off on the wrong foot. My name is eric rider

@riley.chase: The names Riley

@eric_rider: Look who actually responded

@riley.chase: Who?

@eric_rider: You're funny

@riley.chase: Thank you

@eric_rider: Listen, I really need your help

@riley.chase: I'm listening

@eric_rider: I need you to be my gf

@riley.chase: Damn rejection hit you hard

@eric_rider: Pls, just give me a chance

@riley.chase: I don't like you eric

@eric_rider: You don't have to, I just need you to be my gf. You think any of the girls I date I actually like or they like me? Hell no.

@riley.chase: Listen, I already have someone I am thinking about. you have to get over it

He left her on read. Riley had a long day so she got up from her bed to go shower, grabbing her pajamas, and headed to the bathroom. She took off her clothes and looked at her body. She hated it. My thighs are too big. My stomach isn't flat. My arms are too muscular. My scars from fighting are ugly. My hips are too wide. Riley thought to herself. She got into the shower and turned the water on. She stood in the water not moving, letting the warmth touch her skin, and then slowly glided off. It was a sigh of relief after the first day of school: her shoulders relaxed, her muscles released, her jaw stopped clenching, a mental sigh played in Riley's head as the warmth of the shower comforted her. Once she finished showering, the mirror was fogged up so she couldn't see herself. She changed into some pajamas, brushed her teeth, and dried her hair. When she got out of her shower, she checked her phone.

@eric_rider: Who do you have eyes on?

@riley.chase: Why does it matter to you?

@eric_rider: What does he have that I don't?

@riley.chase: Like you said, all the girls you date you don't even like. So why the fuck do you think I would even give you a chance?

@eric_chase: I'll have my ways of finding out if you don't tell me then.

"Ughhhhhhh!" Riley groaned and threw her phone on her bed followed by her whole being. She lay on her bed hating everything that happened today at this new school. *DING* she heard her phone go again. At the disappointment that she thought it was Eric, she was happy to see that it wasn't.

@notanierochild: Care to join me at lunch and break again?

@riley.chase: Such a gentleman, I would love that <3

Am I falling again? Riley thought as Thomas's text made her happier than ever. The guy she had eyes on doesn't necessarily hate her.