Chapter 6

It took me a second to realize I was alone. I took a shaky breath and hurried after Camdon.What just happened? Why did he pull away so fast? I tried to ignore all the questions running through my head but they kept forcing their way through. God i need another drink.  I caught up with Camdon and walked with him into the ballroom. The group was back and everyone was grinding. I shook my head and went to the back. I sipped at the drink calming myself down.

"Back for another drink I see," Camdon chuckled. I had lost him in the crowd on the way in here. I shrugged not really sure. "What's wrong?" I looked at him. "Besides the obvious."

"I don't fit in here," i said with all honesty. "I'm not some rich girl who grew up doing these kind of things. I'm a farm girl. I work for everything i have. I'm not..." i shook my head. "I'm not who you think i am."

"And who do i think you are?" He was giving me a weird look. He was confused and it showed clearly on his face.

"I see it in the way you look at me," i say looking down at the floor."You think i'm a sweet girl from a small town who you can just train to fit in here. Like i'm some dog you can train to be the perfect little maid or whatever you want me to do. Camdon you really have to understand I'm not that girl."

"Then who are you?" I finished off my drink, but didn't answer him. "Wesley?" I shook my head. I went to pour another drink but he stopped me. "Stop," he said. "What are you going to do when the whiskey doesn't work anymore? Huh? What are you going to do then?"

"Hope to God i'm dead," i say before turning around and mixing in with the crowd. I talked with some guys here and there but nothing more than greetings. Camdon watched from a distance giving me a worried glance every now and then. At the end of the night i just wanted to sleep.

"Wesley," Camdon said as i was saying goodbye to some people. I turned smiling at him. "Come it's time for bed." I nodded and let him lead me up stairs. As we made our way upstairs i slipped off my heels. My feet felt a thousand times better when i did that.

"Why do girls do that?" Camdon asked as we walked. I looked over and saw him staring at my feet.

"Cause these things hurt," i said. "Dude these things could be a weapon if i needed it to be." He laughed and i felt calmer. He had that effect on me. No matter how much i hated it he had that effect. I should be terrified of him but i only find myself attracted to him.

"Let's hope you wont," he laughed. I smiled a little. In his room he handed me a tank top and some shorts. I went into the bathroom and changed with my back to the mirror. I never liked the way my body looked. I try to avoid looking at it as much as possible.

After i was changed i walked out and saw Camdon in a tank top and shorts. He had some muscles. My heart skipped for a moment before pounding in my chest. My GOD is all i could manage to even think.

"It's late, lets get some sleep," he muttered pulling back the covers. I walked around and got under. It was freezing in here. I pulled up the covers and curled up in the warmth.

"You look like a worm," Camdon laughed. I rolled over and saw him propped up on his elbow. I made a face and rolled back over. "Goof night," he said.

"Night," i said. I closed my eyes and let sleep take over. I was tired, but if i had known what my dream held for me i would have waited to sleep.